Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you did I have it. We met on the 1 mile section that connects the Chilao loop road as we both dismounted to duck under a fallen log. I had my dog with me on that short section. I found the map near the top and placed it under a rock, though still visible, by the forest service memorial on the south loop of the road. It was still there when I finished my ride so I took it to your truck at Charlton but you had already left. We must have just missed each other.
Anyway if you'll e-mail me through this site (I think that can be done) with your address and some info to confirm it's really you (like title of the map, color of my dog etc) I'll mail it to you. You can trust me with your address. After all, I am trying to do the right thing over a $9.00 map. Hope you had a great ride. I could see your tracks every now and then. BTW, this took place on 5-7-05.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll put it in the mail Monday. The fog did make the ride kind of spooky. I kept thinking there was a mtn lion or something lurking just out of sight. The traction on the trail was great and the creek crossings were fun. I hope the FS clears those logs off the trail soon. The big one has been there for at least 8 or 9 months.Glad you had a good ride.

·
Over the Hill
1,769 Posts
Besides being near zero visiblity it got a little chilly on the downhills. My bike computer said it was 46 degrees.

As this was my first time on that section of the trail I was wondering how sandy it gets at the end of the summer? That buff singletrack on top of Hillyer and the decent through the boulder fields was most excellent!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.