Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Other F Word
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two big sweet dogs followed us a loooong ways in Post Canyon today.

Newfie types, one blond & one brunette, well-behaved with good trail manners. We think one of them was wearing a collar (very thick fur). They were pretty muddy & tired, may have been out all night.

They picked us up around Family Man & followed us up 8 track, Bad Motorscooter, Grand Prix, Spaghetti Factory, and Mitchell Ridge. Then they took off into the woods. I suspect they're still up there. :(

Here's a photo:
poochies.jpg

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Die in the woods? They're dogs... not likely! I think they're that pear orchard farmer's dogs that borders middle Post. Probably just got loose and were out playing.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Daniel the Dog
6,761 Posts
Dogs can get attacked by coyotes and other animals at night. Hopefully someone owns them near the trailhead. I saw at Wyeth someone had lost two dogs. I have learned to leave the dog home in most places because of fears of losing them. I found a lost dog at Syncline and took him to Gorge Dog. They took him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe these dogs belong to the vineyard/orchard on the drive up to family man. They look like the same ones we ran into a few years ago .

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I believe these dogs belong to the vineyard/orchard on the drive up to family man. They look like the same ones we ran into a few years ago .
Yup - that's the orchard I was talking about. I'm certain they are his dogs which is why the OP picked them up at Family Man!

Have FUN!

G MAN

PS - My money would be on those dogs vs a coyote, especially in their territory and with their size! :)

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Skin it and see how big it is! They are rather small under all that fur. A pack of them live directly behind my home in suburban West Linn. Based on how big the animals are that they've picked off, there is NO WAY IN HELL they take on those dogs unless they have numbers! Coyotes are the least of anyone's worries (unless you own a cat!). Big bad wildlife isn't all that "big and bad". Maybe I have a different view since I've grown up with them and not inside watching TV and playing X Box like today's generation of youth; many of whom are too afraid to venture into the woods because of stupid sensationalism on TV regarding predators (reality TV shows make bears seem like monsters not animals!). My goodness, how did I ever stay alive? :)

Off my soapbox now,

G MAN

·
Singletrack Addict
125 Posts
years ago in AZ my dad's great dane got out and was attacked by a pack of coyotes. He was cut up pretty bad with ears torn, bites taken out of him all over, but to borrow a phrase, "you shoulda seen the other guy". Coyote carnage. I think those two dogs would be OK.

I sent this link to the guys at Dirty Fingers and they put it on their FB page. Hope the pups made it home safe.

·
The Other F Word
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sent this link to the guys at Dirty Fingers and they put it on their FB page. Hope the pups made it home safe.
Thanks...I really hope they made it home ok. And if they are local, that Animal Control is not all over the 'roaming dogs' thing like they were when I lived there several years ago.

g.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts