Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow conditions were great at Demo today and it was a blast riding Saw Pit again. As of 4:00 PM today myself and some friends rode Saw Pit for the first time since the big storm.
It is now totally rideable by elv type riders.

There have been several new log jams added and pretty cool log roll with an 18" drop of the end over a fallen tree. Further down the trail after the re-route switchback section is a short re-route below a fallen tree on the trail. The short 25 yard re-route is easily rideable by intermediate or better type riders.

As we neared the end of the trail we came across the crew that had cleared the trail and we thanked them for their efforts.

It looks like with one certified chainsaw Steward and one Steward helper the whole trail could be put back to it's original condition with about 3.45 total manhours of work. Until that happens advanced skilled riders should be able to ride 99% of the trail.

Enjoy

· Registered
257 Posts
Sawpit definitely needed the help, thanks guys! Hopefully tomorrow the crowds and the traffic will help to open it up a bit more and get all the small downed sticks and branches off the trail. Traction was surprisingly good today though.

P.S. I'm the guy in the shorts and t shirt you talked to on the climb out. With the skate helmet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully tomorrow the crowds and the traffic will help to open it up a bit more and get all the small downed sticks and branches off the trail

Bikenweed- I agree with your comment.:thumbsup:

If everyone who rides Ridge and Sawpit in the next week were to take 5 minutes out of their ride down the trail and throw some of the bigger branches off to the side it would help the clean-up process imensely.It wouldn't take but 25 riders to make a significant difference. 25 rders times five minutes of help would compute to over 2 man hours of work.

Where can I get one of those helmuts? You were a litlle too far ahead of me to hear were you said you purchased it.

· Registered
661 Posts
Right on..... I will do my part. :thumbsup:

I plan on taking the rigid hardtail. :eekster: I will be coming down more cautious and stopping more frequent to help clean up.

I will consider it a "help clean up" ride and not a "bombing" down Sawpit ride. ;)

Does anybody know how Braille looks?

Chuck

· Registered
257 Posts
John Finch said:
Where can I get one of those helmuts? You were a litlle too far ahead of me to hear were you said you purchased it.
Any good skate shop has them, it's just a TSG helmet. They're about $30, and are multiple-impact rated. This means if you tumble through a rock garden, hitting your head a bunch of times, you won't die as quickly as in a single-impact MTB type helmet. I got mine at CCS in San Luis Obispo, but I believe NC Boardshop in Los Gatos has them, and GoSkate probably has them as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.