Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Not much info photographically speaking,

Best guess:
- Rider #1 is low, back, prepped and lined up nicely so his chances are very good unless he overbrakes on the front or there's something off camera to account for.

- Rider #2 is very close to the commitment point but he's still standing up over the middle of his bike and has his wheel slightly turned. He looks more tentative and less ready to hit it. If he didn't drop back behind the seat and straighten up his line in the next two seconds, he'd need very slack rig to avoid buying the farm.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I hope you and David both made that wussy roll-in, otherwise it's back to training wheels for you guys! :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good idea!

El Chingon said:
I hope you and David both made that wussy roll-in, otherwise it's back to training wheels for you guys! :D
WD has a spare set of training wheels. Ee'll try this with those attached next time.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
El Chingon said:
Translation: Geeze you Nancy-boys are still ROLLING that?

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
techFiend said:
..is a picture of the wussy roll-in..
You were a Power Ranger. Awesome! :D

·
Leash Law Enforcer
1,118 Posts
I was going to say you should just huck that, but that last pic makes it look like you would end up in the road if you did. For your guys' sake I really hoped you pulled it off. For the motorist's sake I kinda hope you didn't. Comic relief makes a commute so much more enjoyable. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's a dead end (cul-de-sac)

Pinch said:
I was going to say you should just huck that, but that last pic makes it look like you would end up in the road if you did. For your guys' sake I really hoped you pulled it off. For the motorist's sake I kinda hope you didn't. Comic relief makes a commute so much more enjoyable. ;)
No traffic, it is safe to go on the road, but it's a FLAT drop to tarmac.

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
692 Posts
Why roll in,weight back?
Thats an easy drop in,nice transition.Of course both will do it.

RaD

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Next time you hit it, try to ride this spine. Might make things a little more interesting.

Attachments

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Rolling is a natural kinda thing esp when it's a straight run. Get back, get low lightly drag your front brake to control speed and have your front end loaded to stop short at the base. We don't get much run-outs here

Hell you don't even need the brake if you just want to blaze it. All you need is faith in your fork and let it go!

I'm more interested in just barely launching it, and rotating to parallel the slope before it goes flat. Knowing the sidewalk and curb are right there sorta makes a full on huck to the base less interesting IYKWIM.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
I certainly hope you made that.... I've rolled that thing probably 400 times... sitting down, eyes closed, one hand...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts