Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Did my LAST AF pt test this weekend

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  mrpizza 
#1 ·
Retiring from the Air Force after 30 years of service, 6 active the rest guard.

Did my last pt test and enjoyed counting down the laps of my mile and a half run knowing I’ll never run on a boring track again.

Retirement date set for June or July of 2022. Just have 8-9 drills left to do.

It feels great to put this to bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Congratulations. I retired from the U.S. Navy after 21 years of active duty back in 2004. I was very fortunate and by and far, for a kid that grew up in a farming community in NW Pennsylvania, it truly was an adventure. The first four years felt like four long years and then the rest went by in a flash. My wife was absolutely convinced they were going to have to drag me out kicking and screaming after 30 years, but having kids changed that.

#7 ·
Retiring from the Air Force after 30 years of service, 6 active the rest guard.

Did my last pt test and enjoyed counting down the laps of my mile and a half run knowing I’ll never run on a boring track again.

Retirement date set for June or July of 2022. Just have 8-9 drills left to do.

It feels great to put this to bed

Enjoy the retirement. Hopefully you did the mile and a half in under 10 minutes. 30 years of practice running that distance :)

I was complaining, during a test, about being in my 40's and still having to run when our 54 year old Wing Commander ran by to his 9 minute run. Crazy.

#8 ·
Enjoy the retirement. Hopefully you did the mile and a half in under 10 minutes. 30 years of practice running that distance :)

I was complaining, during a test, about being in my 40's and still having to run when our 54 year old Wing Commander ran by to his 9 minute run. Crazy.
I didn’t run fast, the AF released new standards that were much easier. So I cruised the test and still got a 86.2.

#9 ·
My last PT test was riding a stationary bike before I retired after serving 20 years. Yes I ran the mile and a half before that but never on an indoor track, that would inhale with massive force. Enjoy your retirement,

#10 ·
All the best. I was active AF then separated long ago. I have some buds that have retired from both the AF and an equivalent DOD job. 40+ years of working for the government. They are deservedly taking it easy these days.

Reactions: mrpizza
#11 ·
Well done; thanks for your service. Enjoy your retirement! I can tell you (having been enjoying retirement myself for the past 6 years) that it's really nice when every day is Saturday. :)

That said, I can also tell you that after the first 18 months or so of retirement, Saturdays aren't quite a special as they were when I was working and anticipating each weekend.

Once we become old and have plenty of time on our hands, the days pass more slowly while the years pass more quickly. It's a strange phenomenon.

Speaking for myself, riding mountain bikes and having trails to build &/or maintain are good ways to spend the days, Traveling is fun, too.

Enjoy.
=sParty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.