Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, what years did they do this.

On another forum there is a chap saying he has an Attitude Race that looks a similar colour to my '02 but that the cables run along the top tube rather than being internally routed.

Not really knowing the Klein history too much, could this be the case and if so, roughly when was it done.

My frame is a 2-tone blueish colour with a slight hint of green to the blue.
 
G

·
donboyfisher said:
If so, what years did they do this.

On another forum there is a chap saying he has an Attitude Race that looks a similar colour to my '02 but that the cables run along the top tube rather than being internally routed.

Not really knowing the Klein history too much, could this be the case and if so, roughly when was it done.

My frame is a 2-tone blueish colour with a slight hint of green to the blue.
the 1999 (only that year) Attitudes had all cables routed externally.

like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250003964741

Carsten
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Carsten said:
the 1999 (only that year) Attitudes had all cables routed externally.

like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250003964741

Carsten
I have one also... I received the frame and built it up in 2001, so the 1999 date seems about right. All the cables run across the top tube, and it has disc mount on the rear... Mine's red and I was told it was a one off color.

tt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Weird. I thought I had a '99 Attitude Comp, and my cables are all internal... maybe mine's a '00?!

No mounting points for discs, though. Bummer!
 
G

·
99klein said:
Weird. I thought I had a '99 Attitude Comp, and my cables are all internal... maybe mine's a '00?!

No mounting points for discs, though. Bummer!
does it have the barrel shaped head tube with a smaller diameter at the top and bottom? then it would be a 2000 or younger.
if it has the "normal" head tube with constant outer diameter and a non-replaceable rear der hanger it is a 1997 or 1998 frame.

Carsten
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Yeah, its got the barrel shaped head tube. As for the rear der hanger - I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll check tonight.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top