Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a night ride, I put the battery in the charger and planned to unplug it 4 hours later, but I fell asleep and so the battery was plugged to charger for about 12 hours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The protection circuit in the battery pack shuts off the flow of current when the battery reaches full charge. (when the light turns green) You could leave it attached for weeks if you wanted with no ill effects. However, for long term storage, it is best to store Li-ion batteries at 40% charge and cool temperatures. (in you basement, not your hot garage)

Jim "dapedaler"
Nova Bike Lights
[email protected]

·
Registered
752 Posts
dapedaler said:
The protection circuit in the battery pack shuts off the flow of current when the battery reaches full charge. (when the light turns green) You could leave it attached for weeks if you wanted with no ill effects. However, for long term storage, it is best to store Li-ion batteries at 40% charge and cool temperatures. (in you basement, not your hot garage)

Jim "dapedaler"
Nova Bike Lights
[email protected]
That's actually not correct. The protection circuit board in the battery pack only disconnects the battery if something goes wrong with the voltage regulation in the charger. Here's a post with more details on how the Magicshine charger works.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=6279300&postcount=15

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
MtbMacgyver said:
That's actually not correct. The protection circuit board in the battery pack only disconnects the battery if something goes wrong with the voltage regulation in the charger. Here's a post with more details on how the Magicshine charger works.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=6279300&postcount=15
At least I got closer this time.:) Now I just need to change "The circuitry slows the charge down...." to "The battery chemistry" slows the charge down....".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.