Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i just got this super t(see link) for 205 + 25 shipping (USD). did i get a good deal on it or not?please help me out havent been riding that long and need help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7145887179&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

(sorry dont know how to link)

also, do i need a new hub or skewer or anything for this fork? my current setup is on an exr pro and i gotta know if my wheel will work as it is on the new dc.

thanks to anyone who can help!

· Registered
1,603 Posts
bbowman88 said:
hey, i just got this super t(see link) for 205 + 25 shipping (USD). did i get a good deal on it or not?please help me out havent been riding that long and need help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7145887179&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

(sorry dont know how to link)

also, do i need a new hub or skewer or anything for this fork? my current setup is on an exr pro and i gotta know if my wheel will work as it is on the new dc.

thanks to anyone who can help!
i dont think thats a 2003 like he said

and exr pro to super t? thats a big change, wut bike r u on?

ur gonna need a hub that can take an axle

edit: thats probably a 2002 but if its in good condition, 200 was pretty decent i think

· Registered
749 Posts
bbowman88 said:
well is 205$ a reasonable price for a 2002 super t? i havent payed yet but dont really wanna back out and not pay. should i put up 205 for it even though its a 2002? dont know what to do!
I saw that fork and thought WTF, that is not an 03. It is an 01 or 02. The 01 has 6" of travel and the 02 has 7". 205.00 is not bad. It is a good fork. you may want to change the oil and get a set of seals for when those blow. I raced an 01 last year and am racing a 02 this year. Now get a wheel and ride the hell out of it.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
bbowman88 said:
where can i get a qr20 front axel and a 20mm hub? preferably for cheap
do ur own searches :rolleyes:

if u want new go 2 some online store, if u want used find one that u think is right and make a post here and ask again

· Registered
1,097 Posts
You can get a Marz. 20mm hub that includes the axle from pricepoint.com for 59$. This is a really good hub for the price. I think that 205$ is a fair price for an 02 but not a great deal. First I would find out if it's actually an 02. Sometimes people submit the wrong pics as ebay rules only state that the written discription must be accurate. If it is indeed a year older I would suggest trying to get a deal on the fork like asking for 40$ off or something. You are allowed to complain to ebay about improperly discribed items but I wouldn't go whining if it was just an accident.

· Registered
404 Posts
02 for sure.
Still a good deal. The first thing I would do is send it to Marz for a tune-up.
They'll change the oil and check the seals for you. Then they'll have your name on file if you ever have a warranty issue. Just don't mention that you bought it used.
They have the best customer service in the industry. Make use of it.

$205 + tune-up + a new front wheel is worth it.

I have a set of Atomic hubs for sale...cheap. PM me if you want them.

· /dev/null
721 Posts
freeriderizzle said:
$205 + tune-up + a new front wheel is worth it.
Ugh.

Frankly, I think you got a bum deal and if you haven't sent him the money yet, I wouldn't, considering he either lied in the ad to get a sale, or was simply ignorant about what he was selling. In either case, you can't trust anything else he said about the fork.

The 2002 forks were prone to cracking at the M-arch, and I wouldn't pay $200+ for a 3 year old Super T - especially considering you now have to find and pay for a 20mm axle which should have come with it. For probably $300 you could find a used 2003 model that would be far stiffer and had one piece lowers instead of that ridiculous bonded arch.

Sorry. The fork will likely be fine, I just don't think it's a good deal.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.