Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First time posting. Been riding street/trails ~5 years. Wanted to expand my stable a bit and try an early 90s mountain bike. Picked a 1992 Bridgestone MB-4 off ebay last night for $210. What do you think, was it worth it? Thanks!

Details:
front and rear derailer: Shimano LX
crankset: Sugino GP
shifters: Shimano Deore
brakes: Diacompe XL
wheelset: Ritchey Expert Vantage

Attachments

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
An ok deal but not great.

Paying the shipping for something you should be able to find on your local Criagslist might hurt you a bit.

Put some knobbies on it and you should be golden though!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Rumpfy said:
An ok deal but not great.

Paying the shipping for something you should be able to find on your local Criagslist might hurt you a bit.

Put some knobbies on it and you should be golden though!
+1, a year ago $50 was high for shipping. Now, it's a deal. I can't believe how many bikes I see with $100 shipping charges. That really impacts the bottom line.

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
CS2 said:
+1, a year ago $50 was high for shipping. Now, it's a deal. I can't believe how many bikes I see with $100 shipping charges. That really impacts the bottom line.
I ship alot of bikes and 1 year ago it cost 50-75 average. Now it is 80-100 in the US. I shipped a frame to Japan and it was over 100. That is a pretty solid bike for the money but for that price I could find something on craigslist or locally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.