Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was actually considering getting out there early tomorrow morning (really early- like 6AM) but would hate to get down there (about an hour ride away) only to find the trails in super muddy conditions. The weather channel made it look like the hard rain missed the Middletown area- can anyone confirm this?

On a different note, anyone up for an intermediate Mahlon ride this Thursday evening?

·
Registered
119 Posts
It poured!

But to tell the truth it needed it? I was there a few days ago and it was SO dry making some of the more technical climbs tough. I bet you it'll be great tomorrow. It was dry today and looks dry for tomorrow. Will probably do the Huber-Hartshorne loop myself, later though.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hartshorne was dry on Friday... then it poured so...

I figure with the nice warm day today the trails will be good to go tomorrow. I am hoping to get a ride in tomorrow. When do you think Chimney Rock will be okay? Wednesday without more rain?

·
I like wheelies
113 Posts
Hartshorne is good to go

mtbdawgJeff said:
Anybody know the conditions at Hartshorne as of July 1? I know things are way swampy down here in central jersey right now.:madmax:
Rode Hartshorne and Huber this morning. Both are in excellent shape, as far as trail dryness. There are two blowdowns in Hartshorne though; Grand Tour is blocked just north of the power lines, and there's a passable tree down on Rocky Point. Looks like a tornado went through there mid-week.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What? You couldn't clear that tree?

Kidding.:D I was there a couple days ago and saw one of those trees. Frankly, suprised they're still there. Whoever's in charge of trail maintenence over there does a great job. Stuff is usually out of there by the next day or two, no matter how big the obsticle.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hartshorne Woods...

mark,
thanks for the Kind words,
I am one of the Master Volunteers that help build that Park, i am happy to hear everyone enjoys it :thumbsup: , it has been a long 15 years thier and still going. If anyone is interested in Helping out we have a trail session scheduled for this sunday July 9th at 9am, call susan walsh at 732-842-4000 ext 4283 and tell her Mike sent you and you want ot help out and volunteer to maintaine the trials. thanks again Mark...

Ride Hard...ride Fast... Stop and puke...ride again...

NMBPmike

Mike flatley

·
I like wheelies
113 Posts
Rode Hartshorne and Huber Thursday afternoon (7/6). Both places were quite dry, considering the latest round of rain. Wet only in the usual spots.

The trees are still down on Grand Tour and Rocky Point, with additional blowdowns on another section of Rocky Point as well. Some serious chainsaw work will be needed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
.The trees are still down on Grand Tour and Rocky Point, with additional blowdowns on another section of Rocky Point as well. Some serious chainsaw work will be needed.[/QUOTE]

Chrisg,
i will make sure we either fix this or make it a log pile of some sort :thumbsup: this sunday.

thanks

NMBPmike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.