Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any brave souls hit the trails today, and if anywhere is at all rideable since the snow started melting. Particularly interested in Lake Sawyer, the worm...anywhere, really. I am hoping to get out tomorrow.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
I took a shot at tapeworm today. Who knows, maybe I saw you out there?!

Anyways there was 3-4" of wet slushy snow on %80 of the trail. That made the DH fun, but flat riding was difficult and climbing was pretty much impossible for me. Well, I lost my brake pads early on so it's hard to say, but overall the conditions weren't really worth the effort of getting out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the information. I was going to head out there tomorrow after work but I think with the current conditions I will wait a couple more days.:thumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Went for a 25 mile road ride, watch that sand! The nice road bike will sit unused until most of the sand is gone.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Sven Trials said:
I'm not suprised, I guess. Riding will have to wait for now....:madman:
Don't you mean...:thumbsup: ???

The post rope drop pow runs on Internationale at Alpental today were epic!

Juice, Westra, Kevmo, Etc, you know you all want to put the bikey away for a rest now. Right?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Banner Forest

Banner still has up to 8 inches, and there are a lot of trees and brush down everywhere. Five of us hit the trails today with chainsaws running, we made a dent, but there is much work to do before I would declare the trails recovered.. I saw one rider today, but it was slow and he seemed to be off his bike more than he was riding.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
juice said:
Dude, it's building season!
Not when we still have over a foot of slush out here. I'm waiting until it melts out. Been building for the past couple months so I'm going to play in the snow for a while. Don't worry, there will be more fresh trail to enjoy in the spring. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
A couple of us hit tokul yesterday. It was classic ski bike madness!

Was able to ride up at least 50% of the fire road climb, lots of bare areas and shallow snow. The downs were a blast and were about the same in terms of snow coverage. The areas with snow going down added an element of random slip and slide action. Fun stuff.

The snow should be gone after the couple days of rain in the forecast.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I got out on 12/29...

Trail conditions; slushy but 95% ride-able.... Picture is showing a little less snow cover than was typical.
I was going to head down the new trail that goes around the lake, but saw fresh tracks and decided not to.
I thought we had a deal with these guys that included hibernation... Anyway, I left with another reason why I don't like snow.

Trail Location: NW section of Newberry

Attachments

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
MarkHL said:
Trail conditions; slushy but 95% ride-able.... Picture is showing a little less snow cover than was typical.
I was going to head down the new trail that goes around the lake, but saw fresh tracks and decided not to.
I thought we had a deal with these guys that included hibernation... Anyway, I left with another reason why I don't like snow.

Trail Location: NW section of Newberry
Bah! That's a small one. :p

Strange as it may sound, it's small bears that you have to worry about. They are more prone to attack anything that moves. Older ones don't attack humans and stay away from them. That's how they get old. :)

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Galby = No Bueno

Hawk, Matt, myself and Matt's buddy, Jeff, tried to get up the hill yesterday to do some trailwork and/or scouting of conditions. We were barely able to drive past the Kiosk on the Galby Lane side of things......the snow is still that deep over there.

So, instead, we hiked up Safety Break and Cheech and Chongs. I'd say there's anywhere between 6-12 inches still over there. Can't imagine being able to ride those trails for at least another week.

So.....back to Baker I go!

Happy New Year.
EB

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Same for out here. I still have 8" or so out on the lawn and it was snowing a while ago. Just a skiff on the old stuff and not sticking on the road. but, way more out at Cherry Valley. Won't be in there for a while and the first few times will likely have to be with a saw.

Interested in the Tokuls blow down, winter damage reports as well. If anyone is out there.

So, not Baker for me but back to Alpy tomorrow and will be at the lot 4 ramp around 8ish and in line for opening.... :thumbsup:

·
Moist and Delicious
555 Posts
Am hoping to check out Tokul on Saturday on the new steed, so I'll fill you in.

·
Moist and Delicious
555 Posts
Anyone hit Tokul today? Going tomorrow, and we had snow last night. I'm kind of concerned.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Barely a skiff in Fall City this morning and all gone on the way home from the pass today. I'd say mostly all clear so go try that new steed out and let us know how it went!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts