Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not wait to leave the office and get on the hard tail I built on Sunday. Thought I would have a nice ride in Wilder though it is always good to have plan B... and plan C and plan D and plan E and finally plan F. Plan F is when you say "F... it, I am just going home". Luckily I just needed plan B.

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
34,609 Posts
I rode yesterday in the asphalt of Woodside. Water was running everywhere. Decent ride but I need some glove liners. Looking at the soil at the side of the road, trails can't be good at the moment.

fc

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
El Sereno was Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

·
Super Moderator
8,633 Posts
commuted 28 miles yesterday......been pinning it pretty hard the last 3 days...legs are tired.....so i took my motorcycle in today....nice getting to work in 10 minutes.....regardless of the traffic :)

·
Mtbr Founder
34,609 Posts
CHUM said:
commuted 28 miles yesterday......been pinning it pretty hard the last 3 days...legs are tired.....so i took my motorcycle in today....nice getting to work in 10 minutes.....regardless of the traffic :)
Nice man. What's your event schedule like this year. When's the first race?

fc

·
Super Moderator
8,633 Posts
francois said:
Nice man. What's your event schedule like this year. When's the first race?

fc
hiya FC.....gonna try some XC stuff at CCCX....first race is feb 10.....sport SS....i'm gonna get creamed...it'll be awesome!

got a couple of "A" races later in the season...24 hours of Moab and the Sierra Tahoe 100...both solo ss......and again....i'm gonna get creamed....the SSWC08 will be fun....i'll get creamed there too...but won't care....lotso' beer :)....then a spattering of other events

you racin' this year?.....if so (with my luck) we'll be in the same class.....i'm already up against rensho for freakin' everything....he'll mash me into the ground purty good.....then you can use me for traction......ugh....why do i race again????

;)

·
Mtbr Founder
34,609 Posts
CHUM said:
hiya FC.....gonna try some XC stuff at CCCX....first race is feb 10.....sport SS....i'm gonna get creamed...it'll be awesome!

got a couple of "A" races later in the season...24 hours of Moab and the Sierra Tahoe 100...both solo ss......and again....i'm gonna get creamed....the SSWC08 will be fun....i'll get creamed there too...but won't care....lotso' beer :)....then a spattering of other events

you racin' this year?.....if so (with my luck) we'll be in the same class.....i'm already up against rensho for freakin' everything....he'll mash me into the ground purty good.....then you can use me for traction......ugh....why do i race again????

;)
I definitely want to do CCCX.

There's a Sierra Road hillclimb on Feb. 16. I might do it. There's even a CEO category so I can punish at least one rich ole dude.

http://www.sanjoseca.gov/kingofthemountain.html

fc

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
bidwells been closed for weeks here in chico, so its just been fireroad riding out here

would love to go to oroville but i cant legally operate my motor vehicle on public roads until feb 13th (state ref ticket for modified smog equipment, thanks chp)

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
Have snuck out everyday the sunshine has made it possible between rain storms here in Folsom area. Even when it is not raining, the trails are so water logged I end up soaking wet and covered in mud. At least I'm playing outside though. I am really sick of the gym.... Granite Bay is the best play to ride here lately, it drains well. Hazel Loop and Browns Ravine are like riding thru a muddy river.

How is Auburn holding up? Anyone been out there in the last day or two?

·
YESBRO!!!
1,162 Posts
i made a trip down some trail in marin that had a couple of steep rock faces to ride down. there was a creek at the bottom too.

i don't remember the name of it though.

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
yessir. rode into san mateo on the road bike from my house. 21 miles. 46 minutes. its mostly down hill. been commuting a lot (100 miles since monday morning). haven't been on the dirt since sunday, though i'm getting out tonight to ride some urban trails in SF with the lights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rode China Camp yesterday - muddy, but not too bad. Coming down the fire road from the silo there were lots of streams/puddles, and three downs trees.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rode China Camp yesterday - muddy, but not too bad. Coming down the fire road from the silo there were lots of streams/puddles, and three downed trees.

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
Yup..

commuted to work and back. Had to take a brake from the living room trainer shananagans..but not today

·
Registered
751 Posts
With the Hwy 101 fiasco Tuesday, it would have taken a tornado to keep me from riding my bike to work in Foster City on Wednesday.

The Bay Trail from behind Oracle into Foster City was littered with blown sand, mud runoff and debris, but otherwise it felt great. If a paved flat trail looked like that, I hate to wonder what Skeggs or Waterdog looks like.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Well, Since You Asked

Well, since you asked, @ 2.5 hrs and 22 miles in the dirt with the singlespeed yesterday. About 3hrs and 50 miles on the road [with 3 miles of dirt mixed in] today. Another 20+ on the SS tomorrow, and something longer Saturday with the CX. Sunday if the weather holds, an out and back on Hi Mountain Rd, with a couple singletrack sections tossed in on SS - I think it'll be @ 36 miles with @7000ft of climbing. I gotta get ready for my annual CCCX butt whipping in Monterey on the 10th.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Lexington/Azul was wet but ridable yesterday. I had fun

1 - 20 of 33 Posts