Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
veloreality said:
100 yards of green horse splatter poopy
There were a few big steamy mountains of horse dookie at sycamore yesterday. I always thought that the horse people should have to carry bags with them to clean up and carry out the horse poop like the dog walkers. It is after all polluting the trail with foreign waste.

·
master blaster
1,149 Posts
not sure the nastiest stuff IVE seen, but im sure i know the nastiest thing others have seen. for instance this evening while riding daley i had to pee real bad so i stopped walked a few feet off the trail and quickly noticed i was surrounded by hikers and horses. i didnt realise it was a holiday as monday is my usual day off. so yea i flashed my peter to a few people on the trail.

·
Banned
2,665 Posts
^^^lol

I was backpacking up in Big Sur a few years ago. There are wooden boxes, with holes cut on top, built over pits so you can sit while doing your duty. Except these are all placed within a dozen yards of the main trails, usually up the hill a little and in plain view. Interesting conversation starter.

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
mealsonwheels said:
Coyotes out at Sycamore Canyon and Goodan Ranch are eating some yellow fruit that is creating some nasty chit on the trails. I almost got queezy looking at the piles as I rolled by.
I saw many-many of those half pound fruit cakes on my Sunday ride out there. Why coyotes gotta crap in the middle of the singletrack? Is that to intimidate us from riding their turf?

·
I <3 Dirt
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Duzitall said:
I saw many-many of those half pound fruit cakes on my Sunday ride out there. Why coyotes gotta crap in the middle of the singletrack? Is that to intimidate us from riding their turf?
Haha, that was hilarious. If by fruitcake you mean yellow fruit held together by a caramel syrup then yes these fruitcakes are pandemic out there.

I think the coyotes are just as lazy as many of us and they're eating out of convenience. After our rainy winter the jackrabbits and cottontails are prolific out there and they're eating this fruit that's giving them all the $hits.

·
Banned
4,816 Posts
mealsonwheels said:
Coyotes out at Sycamore Canyon and Goodan Ranch are eating some yellow fruit that is creating some nasty chit on the trails. I almost got queezy looking at the piles as I rolled by.
It's even nastier when you accidentally ride thru it and yer knobbies fling it up at yer face.....

That goes for ANY kind of critter-based dribbly chit, too...

·
Banned
2,665 Posts
When I was a roadie, it was pretty bad having to endure the smell of rotted road kill while grunting up a long climb. Of course the worst was when it was right there in the bike lane -- nothing you could do to escape. I don't miss that at all on the dirt.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts