Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got a Diamondback Topanga and thought I would jump on the forum to introduce myself, the name's Sean! Just getting into the riding game and hoping not to hurt myself... too bad :)

I'm extremely excited to get out and try this out on some real trails. The bike specs seem pretty good by comparison to the other bikes in its price range. I didn't shop the local bike stores very much as it seemed the bikes they had where much higher than my budget.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah man... I started on a 2005 Topanga Comp. It really is a great bike to get your feet wet. I rode the crap out of that thing and never had a single failure.

Enjoy the trails! I've been riding for about 3 years now and am completely hooked. I thought I was going to get a divorce over getting my Rush, but it was worth it. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bruejam_db said:
Yeah man... I started on a 2005 Topanga Comp. It really is a great bike to get your feet wet. I rode the crap out of that thing and never had a single failure.

Enjoy the trails! I've been riding for about 3 years now and am completely hooked. I thought I was going to get a divorce over getting my Rush, but it was worth it. :)
The bike has been great so far. It feels to be a really good starter bike, let hope I don't get divorced because of it though :) I'm definitely addicted!

·
Registered
66 Posts
No worries... you'll be fine as long as you don't go out and buy a new bike without your wife's permission the day before Mother's Day.

Not that I know anyone who was dumb enough to do exactly that or anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bruejam_db said:
No worries... you'll be fine as long as you don't go out and buy a new bike without your wife's permission the day before Mother's Day.

Not that I know anyone who was dumb enough to do exactly that or anything.
Ha Ha. Well done! To quote some Ron Burgandy, "You ate the whole cheese wheel? Wow, I'm not even mad... I'm impressed."

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've been riding my Topanga for 8 years now. Great bike. Its solid as an ax and just as reliable. Even if I get another bike, I'm definitely keeping this one. Happy riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.