Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First Ride: Diamondback Mission 27.5 - Pinkbike

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet. An old mission was my first "grown up" FS bike, and like the heckler, I think it's a great time tested bike. When I saw the news of the new version I got very excited.
-Solid travel?
-well spec 'd?
-doesn't break the bank?

First impressions were super stoked. Second wasn't so good.

In my opinion DB missed some marks here. The biggest one being the geo. Short front and super loooooooong rear end is pretty old school. The industry has been moving towards long fronts and short rear because it works incredibly well. A few other small issues (seat post routing is dogcrap) that aren't end of the world.

If there was a geo change this would be on my 650b short list for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think it's because of the name, and the geo. But, like you said, the price and spec is good. I will be interested in demo'ing one if they are Mountain Bike Oregon this year.

·
Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
2,894 Posts
I love the new look an DB seems like they are trying but the long chainstays seems like a pretty blatant disregard for the current trends in geometry.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah. Not that I ever have money to spend, and simply being interested in a particular bike is usually enough to make sure I'll never be able to afford it, but I'm sure that I could get a reasonable price on the frameset, but I think I could also get a very favorable price on a Rallon at the end of the year, too, and I can only imagine that the DB would get stupid if you tried to size it up to force it into a trendy long cockpit setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts