Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for my first full suspension bike and i saw this mission 2 and i just wanted to hear some opinions...

Thanks

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
I love my Mission 2! I have an 08 and been riding it now for a year. It is one of the best FS rigs I have ever owned. Rides real nice, stable, balanced, and pedals very well. I love the 09 model a ton and it has got the 15QR axle!

·
Registered
190 Posts
my dad has an 07 model and hes loves it and i do too! pedals really good, climbs and desends good. takes jumps and drops good. it is a perfect all moutain do everything bike, any one from a beginner to a pro could hop on it and have a good time!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I rode a mission 3 at a demo day, I loved it. That bike hauls ass and I felt right at home on it. The one I rode had a fox 32 and a hammerschmitt crank which was a great setup. If I was in the market for a bike, I would consider the DB mission. I do believe the mission 3 was almost 4g's which is getting quite expensive. If I was to spend 4grand I would do so on a Titus, ibis,intense or a turner. Not sure if I would spend that type of coin on a DB. Granted the one I rode was decked out, 700dollar crank and all!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I really don't think the Knuckle Box suspension does much. There are better bikes out there in my opinion. I am a fan of parallel/virtual pivot designs. DW Link, VPP, Maestro, etc.

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
That is too bad. You should ride one and feel the difference. Very good pedaler and no feed back either. The knuckle box is under rated design and IMO blows away Maestro design and others out there, if you want to buy something for a brand name, go ahead, your choice. Plus the Mission 3 is going for a cool $3300 at my store and mission 2 is $2200 and Mission 1 $1800!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
ya i totally agree the knuckle box suspension design is way under rated! my dad has a mission and i have a dw link equipped bike. they both feel way different. his mission has a little more lateral play in the rear but it pedals with no feed back and is way smoother than my bike. the dw soaks up the bumps and flows good too in a stiffer way but it pedals just a tad bit better than the mission.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ok, so it has done well addressing pedal feedback. Does it rely on pro-pedal to handle bobbing? What about brake squat? I don't see how it could stand up to Maestro and I am not going to go find a demo ride unless I am convinced it can really compete.

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
As far as propedal goes, I use it maybe 10% of the time on the bike. It really pedals well with off and climbs superb just sitting down and spining the cranks! As for brake squat, I have to say it has no noticable feedback. I ride really aggresive and punish it through rock gardens and tight singletrack;it begs to go faster and take the rougher lines. Braking is done well on the bike. I have to compare it to all other bikes I have owned and ridden, from a Tomac Eli, Schwinn 4 banger, Santa Cruz Heckler, Specy FSR, and my buddies Ellsworth Truth and others. The Mission is a under rated bike. I was pleseantly surprised at the first ride on my Mission, quite impressed with the ride quality. I have had a bunch of people test ride my ride and found it a real treat. Too bad you can't test one out and see what you think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts