Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is...

Well finally got it built and as you can imagine the ride is awesome! Specs are as follows:

Frame: 2007 Mission 3 Medium
Shock: Manitou S-Type
Fork: 2009 Manitou Nixon 160mm Intrinsic 20mm
Wheelset: DT SWISS E2200
Stem: Syncros 70mm
Bars: FSA DH Carbon
Crankset: Truvativ Stylo Carbon
Brakes: Avid Ultimate 203mm F/R
Shifters: SRAM XO
RD: SRAM XO
FD: Shimano XT
Saddle; Fizik Freek
Grips: ODI Rogue
Headset: Ritchey
Cassette: SRAM 990
Chain: SRAM 991

Coming in at 31.25lb

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
When i saw the title to this thread I thought, my god a 'Diamond Back' because we dont see any good ones in the UK....they just are not around.........

......but that bike is awsum, cant stop lookin at it......the wheels set it right off.....well done! :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fork Specs: 2009 Nixon w/ 160mm Intrinsic, 32mm still breaking it in but so far so sweet!

Thanks G4VNJ I have built up quite a few bikes and this one by far is meeting all my needs...livin in the SF bay area your bike has be able to handle technical downhhills and pedal up the 2+ mile climbs without tiring you out.

Awesome D.N.S yes I recommend this frame, please pm when you have your dream bike built up!

-R

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
M_S said:
Must be the 32mm stanchions...manitou always seems to run one level thinner stanchions for a given amount of travel than everyone else. I'd love a report on stiffness.
no, it has to do with the fact that the exposed stanchion is much longer than my 180mm domain

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
saturnine said:
no, it has to do with the fact that the exposed stanchion is much longer than my 180mm domain
...But the drop outs are up about an inch or more higher on the lowers than all other forks to accomodate for the reverse arch and prevent it from contacting the downtube...

More exposed stanchion, yet typically lower a-c's...

·
Registered
417 Posts
NICE looking bike! The red ano rims and hubs really contrast well with the frame. Love that color combo. I've always thought the latest Diamondback full sus frames have a clean, solid look too. Interested to hear your ride report.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.