Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Brider007
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I beleive it is a 2012. It looks fairly new. It is a large frame and i am 5'6 but i figured if it is a good bike i could deal. Seems to be in hood condition. It is a grey color.

·
jcd's best friend
3,413 Posts
I beleive it is a 2012. It looks fairly new. It is a large frame and i am 5'6 but i figured if it is a good bike i could deal. Seems to be in hood condition. It is a grey color.
A large frame would be considered too big for you at 5'6" tall.

If you plan on bike packing, get yourself a gravel bike with mounts. Salsa makes great bike packing bikes with plenty of mounts to carry your stuff.

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
A free bike that is too large for you is still not a good deal. Look for a "small" or 15-16" frame, maybe a medium, or you will regret it.

That's like buying size 13 sneakers when your foot needs a size 9. Sure, you can ride a bike that's too big for you just like you can slip your feet in some oversized shoes. It's going to suck to move around in either case, though.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,623 Posts
christ, you need to settle down.

You need to figure out the right size for you, PERIOD. Stop looking at random cheap used bikes and figure out what size you need. Get some in-person help.

After you decide what size works best, THEN you can start narrowing your search.

Honestly, right now, you look like you're just throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks. The problem with that strategy is that it's going to wind up costing you a bunch more money and hassle than if you'd just gone to a shop and bought an entry level bike that actually fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.