Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every body, I'm still new to mtb and this forum so i have a rookie question to ask.
i'm getting a stumpjumper frame in a few weeks to start building, and i found a Manitou sixsport 100mm mountain bike fork for really cheap.it has a 10 1/2 " headtube, but since i'm a rook' and i don't have the frame yet, i'm not sure if the for tube will fit inside the neck of the frame.:madman:

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Depends on a lot of things.

it depends on how tall your headset is (they call this stack height), how tall your stem is, and how high you want the bars. Basically, you have to add up all the parts between the bottom and the top of all the stuff stacked on the fork including spacers. Then subtract a coulple mms so the top cap can compress it all down, or add a spacer above the stem.

Sounds like you need to see an exploded view of all the stuff in the head tube. Check the Park Tool website, and/or buy a book on mountain bike repair. A book is a good idea anyway.

I usually just eyeball it myself, making sure I have too much steerer tube on the fork, and then either take the extra space up with spacers, or cut the steer tube when I get it all figured out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts