Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having chronic foot pain for a couple years now. A few days I was diagnosed with functional hallux limitus, Not a very good Christmas present at all! Really upset about this especally since this injury did not stem form cycling just my stupidly! It's in the very early stage. I'm lucky that cycling dose not bother the effected big toe joint very much at all. I'm currently running old school platform pedals with plastic toe clips along with tennis shoes. Planning on going clip less. Any input from fellow cyclists on this chronic condition would really help me feel better.

R

·
Registered
49 Posts
none

you shouldn't necessarily blame your stupidity, sometimes this just happens. more often called hallux rigidus, sometimes it comes from an injury but most often not. if it is early you have a lot of treatment options. if your pain and block of motion is when you bend your toe up it may be hitting a large bone spur that can easily be removed. when the arthritis gets really bad you can fuse the joint. either way, it shouldn't ultimately limit your cycling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.