Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has one of the SID forks with the Pure Delite damper. The vintage immediately predating the new stuff.

The fork only gets about 1/3 of the 100mm travel. Once at that 1/3, it hits a hard mechanical stop somewhere inside the fork. It just smacks two pieces inside together super hard and comes to a dead stop.

It has been sent off for service for this problem once before. I'm not sure if it had a period of full function before going belly up this time or not. Any ideas as to what that could be? Is this a common SID issue?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Positive that it is Pure Delite. She is off the fork now, for sure, and debating whether or not to fix it or shell out for something new.

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
Unless the stantions or worn or something is really f'ed up I would fix it. Pure Delite was entry level but current technology until I think last year. I have two forks with Pure Delite and like it just fine, especially from a simplicity standpoint. It doesn't do much, but then I prefer to avoid the lure of tinkering.

Of course if the fork isn't totally knackered you could always upgrade it to motion control.

My point is open it up, find out what is wrong and fix it. Or send it to Shockspital or Hippietech and let them work their magic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you please tell me if you know how much it costs for Hippietech to rebuild a Rock Shox SID?
I am looking at buying a used Rock Shox SID off of craigslist for $75 and would like to have it rebuilt, the original owner said it leaks and needs to be worked on. The fork appears to be in really good shape other than the leak.

thanks,
Mike

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
He states on his website that service is on an individual basis and they will contact you with an estimate once they have your fork. Typically between $85 and $150.

The SID and all of Rockshox forks are really easy to overhaul, why not try it yourself. The only thing I don't try to tackle are the bushings, but only because I haven't shelled out for the tools yet, and they don't need as frequent replacement anyhow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.