Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am heading to Diablo this weekend and am racing indycross on saturday. I am considering bringing my Commnecial 5.5 to try my hand at DH in their intro category. Opinions? Am I nuts for even considering riding that bike? Thanks for your replys in advance.

·
Is flexy
1,559 Posts
In intro you might be ok but to be honest that really isn't the best bike for the job but you know that going in to it. My buddy raced intro there last season on a Commnecial mini DH but it is 1" more travel and slack like a dh bike.

Do I think you are nuts for wanting to try? not at all. Show up and give it a go. I would suggest ditching the xc tires for some DH casing tires though. I've noticed I care a lot less about my bike during a race run so minimizing things to break/puncture always helps. Good luck at the race.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, my brakes went over the weekend(seal in the mc) so I am not sure if i will even have the 5.5 up and running. Either way I'll be there Saturday racing and Sunday watching/possibly riding hopefully get to race next round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts