Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a weekend pass from the family that I can redeem at any point this summer and was thinking of either heading out to Diablo or down to Snowshoe. Both are almost the same distance from Cleveland (Snowshoe might be a fuzz closer but not much). sooo, if you were going to hit one up for a wekeend, which way would ya go?

Id plan on riding the park at least two days with maybe one day of xc although the xc could easily be scrapped if the park riding is that good. I have little frame of reference for this type of park other than having ridden at Whistler which flat out owns. fyi, I plan on taking the Heckler and not renting unless you guys thinks thats a mistake (at least I didnt say Jekyll :D )

·
Registered
60 Posts
ive been to both and suggest Diablo over snowshoe in a heartbeat. snowshoe is building new stuff, but diablo always seems a step above. theyve added so many drops this year already, not to mention that diablo's jump trails own the one at snowshoe. the village is nicer at snowshoe, but the riding at diablo is untouchable right now (other than whistler)

·
Registered
713 Posts
namaSSte said:
got a weekend pass from the family that I can redeem at any point this summer and was thinking of either heading out to Diablo or down to Snowshoe. Both are almost the same distance from Cleveland (Snowshoe might be a fuzz closer but not much). sooo, if you were going to hit one up for a wekeend, which way would ya go?

Id plan on riding the park at least two days with maybe one day of xc although the xc could easily be scrapped if the park riding is that good. I have little frame of reference for this type of park other than having ridden at Whistler which flat out owns. fyi, I plan on taking the Heckler and not renting unless you guys thinks thats a mistake (at least I didnt say Jekyll :D )
Scott, let me know if you want some company, I'd be more than happy to drive and split hotel fee's...either route would be cool with me. If not, no worries but I'm always looking to go ride.

Whiteface would be the place, definitely a place on my list!

Cleveland to Diablo
Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 24 minutes Total Est. Distance: 447.81 miles
Vs.
Cleveland to Snowshoe
Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 37 minutes Total Est. Distance: 335.90 miles
Vs.
Cleveland to Whiteface
Total Est. Time: 8 hours, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 523.50 miles

BTW, I'm sure you've seen pictures of SS and Diablo, but have you seen Whiteface: http://www.hcor.net/modules.php?set...name=Photos&file=index&include=view_album.php

·
Registered
713 Posts
nycfreerider said:
ive been to both and suggest Diablo over snowshoe in a heartbeat. snowshoe is building new stuff, but diablo always seems a step above. theyve added so many drops this year already, not to mention that diablo's jump trails own the one at snowshoe. the village is nicer at snowshoe, but the riding at diablo is untouchable right now (other than whistler)
How are the crowds at Diablo though? Snowshoe seems far enough away from everything that the crowds would seem to be less...I could be wrong, but Diablo reminds me of a place that's core and full of rowdy mawfawka's just blazzin' trail lol...which is cool with me, but I'm not too fond of big lift lines, and it's always nice to be able to scope a line without people yellin' at you to get out of the way the first time you hit it up.(Normally only in crowded situations does this happen)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
lift lines

Reamer said:
How are the crowds at Diablo though? Snowshoe seems far enough away from everything that the crowds would seem to be less...I could be wrong, but Diablo reminds me of a place that's core and full of rowdy mawfawka's just blazzin' trail lol...which is cool with me, but I'm not too fond of big lift lines, and it's always nice to be able to scope a line without people yellin' at you to get out of the way the first time you hit it up.(Normally only in crowded situations does this happen)
I've been to Diablo 4 times now. Not once have I waited more than a minute to get on the lift. You always have time to pick lines, it's not a constant flow of riders chasing your @ss at full speed down the mountain.

I have heard that the lift is much busier on race weekends (especially when the pro's are in town).

But they open DAILY on July 1st! ...can't wait.

·
Registered
713 Posts
freeriderB said:
I've been to Diablo 4 times now. Not once have I waited more than a minute to get on the lift. You always have time to pick lines, it's not a constant flow of riders chasing your @ss at full speed down the mountain.

I have heard that the lift is much busier on race weekends (especially when the pro's are in town).

But they open DAILY on July 1st! ...can't wait.
Awesome. I figured with all the people there on the eastcoast, and being so close to large cities, that it might be hectic crazy... I remember going to Whistler some days when I lived in Seattle and there'd be trains of people going down A-line to where if you were going to slow, or if you crashed it wouldn't be fun. Sometimes your also faster on terrain you frequent as you know every last lil rock, so if an out of stater would stop at the top of a drop, it might piss off a local.

Anyhow, it's good to hear that it's not that way. I want to hit up both spots this summer fo sho, and definetly Whiteface. Maybe I'll post up here and see if I can hook up with the locals being that most the guys I ride with have families are commitments...which is cool, but not for me:D

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reamer said:
Scott, let me know if you want some company, I'd be more than happy to drive and split hotel fee's...either route would be cool with me. If not, no worries but I'm always looking to go ride.

Whiteface would be the place, definitely a place on my list!

Cleveland to Diablo
Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 24 minutes Total Est. Distance: 447.81 miles
Vs.
Cleveland to Snowshoe
Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 37 minutes Total Est. Distance: 335.90 miles
Vs.
Cleveland to Whiteface
Total Est. Time: 8 hours, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 523.50 miles

BTW, I'm sure you've seen pictures of SS and Diablo, but have you seen Whiteface: http://www.hcor.net/modules.php?set_albumName=Whiteface-summer-of-2005&op=modload&name=Photos&file=index&include=view_album.php
werd! and thanks to those who have weighed in so far. Im thinking Diablo might be it. Location and date tbd but Ill post when I nail it down and maybe some of the folk here might wanna meet up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.