Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are riding a dhx on a Ibis HD 160 and like the feel - what is your shock set up like?

type of terrain you are ridding - chunky rock , smooth single track -??
rider weight geared up :
Shock pressure / sag:
amount rebound out from full closed:
pressure in bottom out:
turns in from full open on bottom out chamber:

·
Registered
5 Posts
haha i've got the same shock and was waiting for a tuning guru to chime in but heres what i'm running. had my hd for about 5 months and have settled on 190 up top and 160 main chamber i have the bottom out wide open. i run sag at about 25%. i weigh about 200 geared up. i am usually riding rocky singletrack and dont shy away from jumps/drops. if i wasn't scared of a bit of weight id go with a coil as the dhx lacks a bit in the plushness (especially on stutter bumps) that i was so used to with the marzochi tst coil i had on my old bike. im definitely still trying to fine tune bottom out but this should give you a good start. i hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thomasthomas said:
haha i've got the same shock and was waiting for a tuning guru to chime in but heres what i'm running. had my hd for about 5 months and have settled on 190 up top and 160 main chamber i have the bottom out wide open. i run sag at about 25%. i weigh about 200 geared up. i am usually riding rocky singletrack and dont shy away from jumps/drops. if i wasn't scared of a bit of weight id go with a coil as the dhx lacks a bit in the plushness (especially on stutter bumps) that i was so used to with the marzochi tst coil i had on my old bike. im definitely still trying to fine tune bottom out but this should give you a good start. i hope this helps a bit.
thanks will try that

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thomasthomas said:
Sorry for the delay in a response . Finally rode the other day - weather arrgg,, I worked in your suggested setting range and it felt great better than the rp23. I ran the 190 or so in the top chamber an around 160 in the main chamber. I also weigh about 200 all geared up. I felt it was more supple than the 23 with the same sag and climbed just as well. tried to get it to bottom of some ledges to flat landings and pushed in to some G outs - no bottoming and felt great.overall the shock felt great though out the last 3/4 rides. Only one place to ride during winter here chunky rocky / some smooth areas 1200' up to with 1200 feet down about a 10-12 mile loop THANKS for the info:) just love this bike :) :) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.