Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DHX fitting issues on 2003 Intense M1's?

Hey guys what's up? Another question for any of you out there that might have an answer to this question.

I'm riding a 2003 Intense M1 and currently it is set up with a same year 5th element coil rear shock. A friend of mine told me that he thought he had heard that the newer DHX 5.0's might not work on a M1 due to some sort of "fit issue".

Have any of you heard this? Or, are any of your running DHX's on your M1's with no problem? I'd REALLY like to upgrade to a DHX this season.

Thanks,
Rick

PS.
I'm looking for a new or lightly used DHX 5.0, 9.5 eye to eye with a 3 inch stroke if any of you are selling with PayPal. Of course this is pending my little "investigation".

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
honestly I don't know why it wouldn't work....side by side the shocks are pretty much the same......I would call Intense

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well I just got off the phone with a guy named Brenden at Intense. He had not heard of any problems but he was messing with a DHX and a rear end and he said it looked like the reservoir might contact but that that if you turned the DHX upside down it would give it more clearance.

I'd still like to hear from anyone that is actually running a DHX 5.0 on a 2003 M1.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Buy a TUrner DHR spesific one from Turner with the remote reservoir, that will fit for sure, just mont the piggyback in the none drive side chainstay or seomthign like that. You may want to inquire how long the hose is on the shock.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Call around, find a LBS that has one in stock. Take off the current shock. Bring the bike to the LBS that has the shock. Bribe who ever it takes (6-pack, or a fat tip), to allow you to test fit the shock to your bike. Try it with reservoir up and down. That easy!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.