Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a 300#clyde and I'm gathering parts for an all-mountain rig.

The guy at the LBS says he can get me a good deal on an '05 Specialized S-Works Enduro frame @ $900.

It looks freakin' sweet, but he says if the shock craps out (Progressive 5th Element), there will be no warranty. Progressive is gone?

Question: Is the shock gap in the seat tube big enough to accomodate a FOX DHX coil? That's what I'd want to replace it with.

Thanks!

·
dressed to play
219 Posts
Ti

MonkeyBidnezz said:
Hey Guitar,

Know where you can get a good deal on a TI coil? Looks sharp!
I got a cheery deal on a 2nd hand one from my lbs.
I run a Manitou ti coil on my Iron Horse Sunday, which are a fair bit cheaper than the Fox/RCS ones

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
beanfink said:
Hi, I'm a 300#clyde and I'm gathering parts for an all-mountain rig.

The guy at the LBS says he can get me a good deal on an '05 Specialized S-Works Enduro frame @ $900.

It looks freakin' sweet, but he says if the shock craps out (Progressive 5th Element), there will be no warranty. Progressive is gone?

Question: Is the shock gap in the seat tube big enough to accomodate a FOX DHX coil? That's what I'd want to replace it with.

Thanks!
not true!
I got an 05 sworks enduro a couple of months ago. off ebay, brand new but progressive shock was NG. I called progressive, got a rma and sent it in, 3 days later shock was back and has worked fine ever since. (this is my second 05 enduro and the first ones progressive shock has worked fine since day one and is still working fine)
If you switch to fox you'll need different conical washers, the fox's are slightly thinner. fox can get them for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.