Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure the DHXair never used to make these noises before. (I have the none-adjustable boost valve Enduro type)

It makes a lot of sloshing sounds, which I assume to be the compression damping. But I am sure it never made so much noise before.

Also, when I have the rebound turned up, a fast compression (even landing a bunnyhop) makes a high pitched farting sound. It doesn't loose air pressure in the main chamber (don't know about the boost chamber as I have no way of measuring it).

Are these sounds normal for other DHXair riders? Should I send it in? It was repaired in march due to clunking sounds in the compression, and I haven't even been doing any DH this year as I have had no time to get out to the mountains. I would assume the service would be free as being as it is less than a year since I had it fixed (if it is still broken).

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
From the two DHXA's I've had, I'd say they're a relatively quiet shock...especially compared to an SPV shock. The change you described sounds like air in the damper oil which would require a full service. The air would have probably migrated from the boost chamber side. As to your warranty time, I'm not sure on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.