Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
A buddy of mine has a large BLT and he specced it with a DHX Air, although he was advised by the LBS and myself that it would be over kill for his intended use. Anyway, the frame turned up with said shock and it looks exactly the same as the one in the picture above. He is now looking to swap out the shock for a RP23 as the DHX Air is killing the ride. I had a go having just got off my Nomad and his BLT just felt kinda flat, lifeless. I checked his settings, but there was no pro-pedal dialed in and the rebound was set about 6 clicks in from full off.

Comparing his DHX Air to mine on my Nomad and the only difference is that the air can sleeve is smaller which I suspect results in a more progressive setup. Doesn't the BLT have quite a rising rate rear design? This plus the small air volume DHX could kill the feel of the bike.

Interested to hear other views on this.

By the way, only a few more days to go until i get my custom made Vanilla R "Pushed" shock. I'll let you know how it rides in a week or two.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
I'm wondering if that PUSH'd R will perform very much like my PUSH'd RC on my Nomad? This shock works excellently on the Nomad, and the lack of pedal platform matches well with the Nomad.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
That does look like a non adjustable AVA DHX Air. The 2007 Fox DHX AIr on my Nomad definitely doesn't have the extra air sleeve like that one. The graphics on mine are also different, there is no Fox logo on the main body, only a gray sticker that says DHX Air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.