Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
PLURPIMPIN said:
so i'm getting a transition dirtbag and i'm trying to decide which shock to get. Dhx 5 or a Roco Tst R. What do you guys think and why?
I had a Dirtbag with the DHX... real plush, lots of adjustments and dependable. I don't have expereince with the Roco. I am looking at the Cane Creek Double Barrel for my Uzzi at this point. My $.02.

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
The DHX probably isn't quite as smooth, but it's got more adjustment for bottom out control. If I was into big hucks that would be my choice, if not I'd probably go Roco. I'm not that happy with the small bump sensitivity of my DHXc even at pretty low pressure and no PP.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Get the TST... I've been riding one for a few months and it is a step above the DHX. It's not a huge improvement, but you will notice slightly better traction and a little more stability through the bumps.

Plus the TST has a switch that drastically increases compression dampening. Flick it all the way over and it will climb much better than the DHX and have more bottom out resistance than you'll ever be able to use... turn it completely off and it feels like a moto shock.. I use mine with the switch half way on for racing.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Alloy said:
Get the TST... I've been riding one for a few months and it is a step above the DHX. It's not a huge improvement, but you will notice slightly better traction and a little more stability through the bumps.

Plus the TST has a switch that drastically increases compression dampening. Flick it all the way over and it will climb much better than the DHX and have more bottom out resistance than you'll ever be able to use... turn it completely off and it feels like a moto shock.. I use mine with the switch half way on for racing.
That pretty much sums it up. I have both a roco TST and an RC on different bikes, on one bike I rode the roco back to back with a DHX-C, same spring, same bike and same trails. The spring felt #100lb lighter on the roco, cushy, yet with the TST adjustment you can go all the way to lock-out.

I never felt like I could totally turn the platform off on the DHX (much as Danno mentioned). Plus, the settings I liked for DH sucked for climbing... with the roco TST you can just reach down and flip a switch to go from moto-plush to lock-out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow these responses were alot more one sided than i expected. i'm gonna go with the roco, sounds better all around, and the fact that the upgrade is 25 bucks cheeper on the dirtbag is as plus too. :D its an extra 160 for the dhx while it's 135 for the roco

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.