Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
Well, I've mounted a 2009 DHX 5.0 on my Enduro SL (same frame geometry as the Pitch) - amazing upgrade. Softer on small bumps, better through the rough, tunable bottom-out resistance to take bigger hits. On the downside, you lose a little bit of pedaling efficiency, and of course you add some weight. For me, the trade-off decision was easy, since I mainly ride light DH/FR with mine...

I have no idea of the performance characteristics of the DHX 3.0 from 2006. Chances are it will not be as refined as the 2009 version in its damping circuits and whatever, but the basic characteristics of the bike should change in fundamentally the same way as I described above.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
IMO, save a bit more scratch and get the 5.0 version. Far more adjustability than the 3.0, unless you just want to go coil for coil sake.

That said, my Pitch Comp pedals and feels way, way better with an RP23 vs. the stock X-Fusion shock.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yup, sure will.

As you know I've just fitted a DHX 5.0 Air and it improves things massivley, all the pedal bob has gone on climbing and it eats the bumps without any feedback/kickback.

I'm finding it easier to get Air borne, far better ar railing berms and just all round much better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.