Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right here goes.

i have a 01 DHR and i seem to remember a picture that someone had while backof a 01/02 DHr with a 03 back end. i think thats the one i have attached

does anyone know how to do this, as in does it need much work to get it to fit. as i's really like to have a 12mm bolt though rear end.

oh and if any one has (dare i say it broken 03 DHR's) get in contact a i'd like to have the back end.
if it is possible to fit.

Attachments

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
The 03 swingarms were polished. If that's a through axle rear, then it might actually have an 04/05 swingarm. I'm really surprised it fits if it is.

Call turner and see if they really are compatible. The 00-02 swingarms were shorter and there were some other differences with the way they were attatched.

BUT, there were some team bikes out there that looked like the 02 front ends but had 9" of travel and obviously a custom rear end/swing link. A guy I rode with a few times on the honda turner team had one, his was silver, maybe that one was a mongoose frame or something. The geo was similar to what became the 03s. After he let me ride his a few times, I had an 03 in the mail to my house. :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, under full compression :-D

·
Registered
6 Posts
kidwoo said:
The 03 swingarms were polished. If that's a through axle rear, then it might actually have an 04/05 swingarm. I'm really surprised it fits if it is.

Call turner and see if they really are compatible. The 00-02 swingarms were shorter and there were some other differences with the way they were attatched.

BUT, there were some team bikes out there that looked like the 02 front ends but had 9" of travel and obviously a custom rear end/swing link. A guy I rode with a few times on the honda turner team had one, his was silver, maybe that one was a mongoose frame or something. The geo was similar to what became the 03s. After he let me ride his a few times, I had an 03 in the mail to my house. :D
That rear swingarm is probably made for 2000/2001 DHR.
In Japan, We can get that special made swing arm from Turner's Japanese destributer, Mom & Pops. Its price is 102,900yen in Japan, about $850. I think this swingarm had released in 2002, but as option parts. Frame set has 9mm QR swingarm only.

refer to this Japanese bicycle shop web.
http://www.ringoroad.com/mtb/mtb/fsframe/turner/dh.htm

If you want know about this swing arm, ask Turner, they maybe have that.

sorry my poor english.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
retro

Man you are really pushing this old mans memory. There were a few of the old type rears made with thru axles. That linkage looks to be a EC special set up as well. I think you may have a team issue frame, Lucky you! if the special rear and linkage are with their original front end it is made with light tubing, the light top tubes usually had a little pucker or swelling where the weld stopped behind the top front gusset because the tubing is so thin. Have fun.

DT

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
turnerbikes said:
Man you are really pushing this old mans memory. There were a few of the old type rears made with thru axles. That linkage looks to be a EC special set up as well. I think you may have a team issue frame, Lucky you! if the special rear and linkage are with their original front end it is made with light tubing, the light top tubes usually had a little pucker or swelling where the weld stopped behind the top front gusset because the tubing is so thin. Have fun.

DT
thats not my bike!

though i wish it was!!
:D

any idea where i can get that 20mm rear end from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
dualdirtman said:
WOW!1 20mm back end!

have to look into that one. is it made by Turner of is it another company?
I heard Japanese distributer, Mom & Pop's asked to make 20mm thru axle rear swingarms, but Turner said no once, but Turner build some swingarms and test them, and very good in test ride. So Turner made 20mm swingarms for retail.

I saw some Turner DHR 2000/2001/2002 with 20mm swingarm in Japanese DH trail.
If you want it, ask Turner, they maybe have some stocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts