Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
are you talking about the main pivot bearings, or the ones on the swing links?

I assume you are talking about the swing links ones since you are referring to needle bearings. Those are pressed in!

·
Registered
850 Posts
was the 2001 different than the 04? The 04 has cartrige bearings in frame, and needles in the links. In general the best way to replace needle bearings is to push the old out with a new one. Pretty easy process with the swing links using an arbor press. A vice can be used, but is harder to align because everything is on its side (fighting gravity). If your frame has them, then it could be more hassle just because you might have to tear the bike down to manipulate the frame on a press.

I'd suggest your best bet is to call Turner. They should be able to provide you with exact instructions, rather than just a bunch of speculation on the forums....

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the older ones are different...

And it has needle bearings everywhere. I have completely pulled the frame apart, so I could use a bench vise if I can find one.

But, on disassembly, that all the buggers need to be changed. Oh well, gonna be the hardtail for quite a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.