Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Yeah Bob, thanks for the faith in my choice of bikes...

I thought he said he picked it up for really cheap, chances are he's trying to sell it to pick up that Ellsworth he was talking about.

I still wonder if he made it down alive.....

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
DHidiot said:
Yeah Bob, thanks for the faith in my choice of bikes...

I thought he said he picked it up for really cheap, chances are he's trying to sell it to pick up that Ellsworth he was talking about.

I still wonder if he made it down alive.....
just teasing;)

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH yeah, he was trying to get the Ellsworth. I hope for the sake of his health in the future he gets rid of that bike and does in fact get the Ellsworth.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Yeah man, being clipped into that bike down Tunnel is a friggin deathwish. It'd be cool if he got his asking price for the bike.

I hope for the sake of my health in the future I get some damned sleep - went home with the girlie after the rides yesterday, dinner, drove down to LA and crashed at 2:30-3 AM, up at 7 to ride a 45 minute descent non-stop after a short push up to the trailhead. I'm toast.

·
pwn3rator
3,640 Posts

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We picked him up on the way up to Tunnel yesterday. We were all hoping he made it down in one piece on that thing. He made a good profit off of that transaction but I cant believe somebody bought it for $900. sweet deal for Will.

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope for the sake of my health in the future I get some damned sleep - went home with the girlie after the rides yesterday, dinner, drove down to LA and crashed at 2:30-3 AM, up at 7 to ride a 45 minute descent non-stop after a short push up to the trailhead. I'm toast.
Jesus H! Youre a machine man. Who is your meth supplier?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
hahahahaha so yah that was me and my bike i'm glad to have turned a few heads, cause its a sick ride!

anyway, yah, i got the bike for 280 and i'm in no rush to sell it so i put it up on craigslist for 900 because if somebody wants to buy it for that much, well, who am i to argue. If I dont sell it oh well. When time comes to sell it i'll probably end up shooting for between 400-600, but since i got it for 280 i dont really feel bad. Its gonna be awhile before I have the money for the rogue, so i'd rather have a bike for that time than not have a bike.

as to riding tunnel clipped in on that bike, its really not to bad if you pay attention, if there were any big hits on it i'd be ****ed cause the front for doesn't really uhh..work, as such and I can make the rear shock bottom out by bouncing if i try. but since tunnels mostly just rocky it works out ok.

donno if i'm stoked to have turned so many heads with my beast, but i guess I got my 15 minutes of fame in the DH world

·
NATE CORE
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You'll probably get the best price for it on E-bay. But I know what you mean about the inbetween bike. Its hard just to go out and buy a 3000 dollar bike. Im saving up right now.
Maybe DHidiot will trade me his Sinister for my AWESOME 2003 Giant ac2. Whaddya say man? haha. Hey Will, next time I see you hiking your bike up that damn road I'll pick you up again.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
hahaha sweet next time i'll have a job and money so i'll be able to throw down for gas if you or somebody else sees me, you have no idea how stoked i was to not have to make it up the rest of the way, my rear derailler is bent and I dont have a chainbreaker till thursday so I can't switch out the deraillers so i'm stuck in high gears. plus i run through about half the travel if i stand up hahaha.

i'll probably end up spending a bit more on it too, I've wanted an ellsworth all my life and I might as well go the whole 9 yards in making it completely badass. Hopefully by next year i'll have it if things go well

·
pwn3rator
3,640 Posts
Ojai Bicyclist said:
Dude, that's nothing down Tunnel. I rode down Tunnel with a guy on a Giant STP hardtail w/ V-brakes front and rear and a 4" Marzocchi undamped fork. Can you say I hate my joints?
i rode tunnel multiple time on my kona scab with a rigid fork and v-brakes. no big deal...

·
Use this space for what?
219 Posts
Those forks are pretty sweet, lemme tell ya. Friend broke the drop outs on his when a tree jumped out at him

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.