Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heresa a good one - the weight weenie page doesnt cover DH stuff in gen - I am wondering what is the weight of

1 - Atom Labs Trail Pimp WHEELSET (Not rims, not custom build, but their complete wheelset - NOT the Lite or DHR or whatever but full on Trail Pimp

2 - Azonic Outlaws.

I have been running some 03 trail pimps for DH hills since 03 and while the sidewalls fold from time to time at 18psi, they bend right back up and are still round and true despite some ridiculous abuse. I love em! (But they're frikkin heavy!)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
Heresa a good one - the weight weenie page doesnt cover DH stuff in gen - I am wondering what is the weight of

1 - Atom Labs Trail Pimp WHEELSET (Not rims, not custom build, but their complete wheelset - NOT the Lite or DHR or whatever but full on Trail Pimp

2 - Azonic Outlaws.

I have been running some 03 trail pimps for DH hills since 03 and while the sidewalls fold from time to time at 18psi, they bend right back up and are still round and true despite some ridiculous abuse. I love em! (But they're frikkin heavy!)
Azonics weight he same as Deemax's or 823's and Hadleys...but you don't need an inner tube

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,877 Posts
Trailpimps... 7 lbs on the bathroom scale. Thats about 3200g. Not very acurate, but whatever, they're really, really, heavy.... but were only $190 w/ 2.5 Twolf tires and an x9 cassette. I needed the cassette at the time, too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
davec113 said:
Trailpimps... 7 lbs on the bathroom scale. Thats about 3200g. Not very acurate, but whatever, they're really, really, heavy.... but were only $190 w/ 2.5 Twolf tires and an x9 cassette. I needed the cassette at the time, too.
yup, sounds about right. the trailpimps are about 1100 grams each. thats more then doublewides...
might aswell just run some Mag30s. those are about 880. nice, burly. i still have some wheels sets with those. about 4 years old too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.