Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order a set of Schwalbe Big Betty tires and was thinking about ordering the 870g Trail star compound FR tire vs the 1100g Vertstar compound DH tire. Thought lower weight and a little longer compound life might be nice, but wanted to know if there some major drawbacks to using the FR tire.

This will be on a 2012 Demo

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I was going to order a set of Schwalbe Big Betty tires and was thinking about ordering the 870g Trail star compound FR tire vs the 1100g Vertstar compound DH tire. Thought lower weight and a little longer compound life might be nice, but wanted to know if there some major drawbacks to using the FR tire.

This will be on a 2012 Demo
We need to know what type of riding you do. Rocky, wet roots, big hucks, DH racing?

BTW the DH version comes in both trailstar and Vertstar.

My Hans Damf Trailstart are fine for light freeride at 800g or so. But for any kind of serious DH or FR, I wouldn't go less than 1100g. Thats pretty light compared to 1300g Maxxis, or 1600g Comp 32 I currently have on my big bike.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mainly Nor-Cal, dry, dusty and rocky, With mostly lift assisted.

Yeah I knew they were offered in both, But I was thinking for a little more longevity the Trailstar might be nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts