Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,

Video of a race we had on earlier this month. Its the rainy season right now and the course was super muddy & slippery. It was the final race of a year-long 6-race series (Malaysian DH GP Series). The course is in a suburb called Damansara Perdana if any of you ever come down to KL. Racers are locals, Singaporeans & expatriates working/studying here, a cool mix of different ppl. There's also bmx, 4x and dirt jumps at the place so its a pretty cool place to ride.

VIDEO LINK

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Don't listen to stinky looks like you guys had fun :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
looks really fun, nice to see that dh racing has beginners too not just pros that you hear about. looks so much fun makes me wana try racing next season

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
shook_dh said:
looks really fun, nice to see that dh racing has beginners too not just pros that you hear about. looks so much fun makes me wana try racing next season
do it..it is a lot of fun

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
jzt said:
guys,

Video of a race we had on earlier this month. Its the rainy season right now and the course was super muddy & slippery. It was the final race of a year-long 6-race series (Malaysian DH GP Series). The course is in a suburb called Damansara Perdana if any of you ever come down to KL. Racers are locals, Singaporeans & expatriates working/studying here, a cool mix of different ppl. There's also bmx, 4x and dirt jumps at the place so its a pretty cool place to ride.

VIDEO LINK

very cool...post more

·
Registered
41 Posts
that's some of the coolest shite that I've seen in a long time. Now, I have a new 'item' to put on my 'to do' list!

I might be moving to Cabo San Lucas Mexico. If so, prepare for a Cabo San Lucas DH trip to be organized! If partying is part of your DH trips abroad... prepare for greatness. :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scott USA

The broken bike was a Scott USA. Don't know what model name but its their DH/FR bike. It has a funky adjustable headtube.

·
noMAD man
12,059 Posts
Greased pig contest...LOL! Yeah, I think some of Stinky58's comment has more to do with the obviously snotty and slick conditions on most of that course. The grainy video doesn't appear to do justice to the course conditions...you can tell by how squirrely the bikes are on some of the flat sections. Regardless I doubt this was supposed to be a Cedric Gracia showcase. This is just a bunch of riders, probably like us and maybe better than many of us, having a fun race. I think it's awesome. You often wonder what other DH/FR riders in remote parts of the world are doing with their bikes. Personally I'm an old, scared fart who will not ride on wet, snotty trails. Talk about a recipe for a broken hip...LOL! I don't care how good you are or how good your bike is...wet, snotty trails will usually reach out and bite your a$$! I'd love to ride that trail when it's dry.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Photos

Here's another link to some photos of the race - there's an awesome sequence shot of an unlucky rider who crashed at the final gap jump.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
jzt said:
Here's another link to some photos of the race - there's an awesome sequence shot of an unlucky rider who crashed at the final gap jump.
I like the sequence of pics of the guy coming up short on the double...I love the peoples reaction in the background

·
Registered
764 Posts
The sequence withthe guy coming up short is well done. Captures the "OH S***" moment really well.

It can't be easy riding on a course that is obviously made up of wet clay. I like the guy that bails right before the drop. Reminds me of something I'd do!

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
FreeRiderFraser said:
worst video and music ive ever seen.
please keep bad comments to yourself...because that is cool in Malaysia

·
#1 Latex Salesman
1,869 Posts
I thought it was great footage. The course looked pretty simple, but you've got to admit that final gap jump was pretty big. I know at least one guy in Malaysia that would agree with me.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Cool Vid

I liked your vid. I think courses should be more basic for beginners (to increase confidence) and that one looked just right to me! Good luck in future events!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts