Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

headed down to San Luis Obispo mid May for a few days. looking for either DH or featured trail bike trails. bringing a 6" trail bike, a full DH bike, and a wife.

so ideal would be a few good shuttle ideas I can ride solo and a nice 2-3 hour pedal loop that has featured flowy downhill to it. my wife is a decent technical rider but doesn't hit jumps and doesn't want a 6 hour suffer fest.

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
When you say featured do you mean man made stunts? If so, there isn't much in SLO. The Eucs has some small jumps and there are some jumps behind Costco. Other that there are no jump trails. For long tech trails, check out Cuesta Grade. Morning Glory is a good trail and Rockgarden in town. The DH trails are mostly illegal so you won't get many, if any, responses on that topic.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The best "trailbike" trails are off the radar too, hit me up if you want a tour guide and can handle a few thousand feet of climbing. For the wife ride, take her to MdO, do hazard peak trail and as much more as you can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
The best "trailbike" trails are off the radar too, hit me up if you want a tour guide and can handle a few thousand feet of climbing. For the wife ride, take her to MdO, do hazard peak trail and as much more as you can handle.

Even better, the new Oats Peak trails that opened in April. Better views, more flowy.

Technically it's a hiking only area and no bikes are allowed. But, it gets so little foot traffic and such little bike traffic, that no one really cares.
FYI, City Rangers are upping patrols due to complaints.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Even better, the new Oats Peak trails that opened in April. Better views, more flowy.
Meh, views are cool but it's super dusty with a ton of blown out, silt trap switchbacks. Coming down Beebee is a little better but I'd still pick HPT over that if you are only doing one out and back.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

i dont mind a few k's of climbing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts