Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I are moving to b-ham in a month. What are the trails like? What tires work well out there? Is there dh/dirt jumps in b-ham? I am also looking to rent a house/ duplex does anyone know a good resource for that?

Thanks alot we look forward to riding with some of you guys out there :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
My son lives in Bellingham and rides on Galbraith Mountain Fun trials, some with stunts and drops. They also just opened a dirt jump park near Civic Field I believe. The trails are fast and fun right now but you'll be needing tires that shred mud. Also you'll only be 3 hours away from Whistler :cool: .
As for housing check the local paper Bellingham Herald. Start looking now, as it gets closer to school starting at WWU it's harder to find anything to rent.

BTW people that live in Bellingham are called Hamsters :D

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Not to mention....

....you'll be about an hour and a half (max) from the North Shore. Galbraith is super fun, but can be tricky if you don't have a good route. I had ridden it a few times without much success and then this spring, we ran into the right group of fellas who knew the trails well and had a much different experience up there.

There's some other FR stuff near B'ham....but you'll need to get in with the locals to find that stuff.

Cheers,
EB

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
PM me when you get up here and we'll go ride! your gonna enjoy it up here, but out of curiosity where are you moving from?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I live up here, there, everywhere! Move to the good olde Fairhaven area down south, and visit the bike shop! There we can hook up and go ride! :D I'am always runnin' in and out of there. Good of you to pick such a great part of the northwest to move to!

See ya round!

·
Registered
189 Posts
SuperSlow said:
My girlfriend and I are moving to b-ham in a month. What are the trails like? What tires work well out there? Is there dh/dirt jumps in b-ham? I am also looking to rent a house/ duplex does anyone know a good resource for that?

Thanks alot we look forward to riding with some of you guys out there :D
check out WWUcycling.com. WWU has a large DH team. They know all the local DH trails.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LoozinSkin said:
PM me when you get up here and we'll go ride! your gonna enjoy it up here, but out of curiosity where are you moving from?
Thanks for the replys! Im moving from austin texas. I previously lived in mammoth lakes and miss the riding in the mountains.. not to mention that Texas doesnt have much of a dh season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts