Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
WWW.PEDALTHEPEAKS.BIZ
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some snow bikes we have at our shop for the winter moths post up your convertions lets see what you got.

·
A Surly Maverick
2,702 Posts
If anyone is mad enough, White Brothers Inverted DH forks have a 120mm spacing soooooooo you could drop a 100mm wide rim and a Larry/endo in there........

May well rake the frame out a bit though :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Now, do mean bikes going downhill in the snow, or DOWNHILL in the snow? The latter would scare the bejesus out of me. Around my parts DOWNHILL is sketchy enough in fairer weather :yikes: :eekster: nevermind snow...

·
WWW.PEDALTHEPEAKS.BIZ
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ment DOWNHILL in the snow, at a ski resort on one of the ski bikes i posted above. It is pretty sweet if you give it a shot

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yeah, I knew what you meant, a lame attempt to be humorous. I know of some hardcores in my area that do ride downhill and North shore stuff in snow though (many on hidden "non authorized" trails). Cast iron balls if you ask me :devil: I might try a skibike if I get the chance, sounds like a blast.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Here is one! I can't believe I missed this thread?

·
WWW.PEDALTHEPEAKS.BIZ
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice bike where do you ride, we ride a lot in durango you should check out a vid I did on you tube my iPad which I am on now won't let me link it just go to you tube and search cliff pinto dmr lenz sport

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
PTP said:
Nice bike where do you ride, we ride a lot in durango you should check out a vid I did on you tube my iPad which I am on now won't let me link it just go to you tube and search cliff pinto dmr lenz sport

Thanx, I do most of my resort riding at Hoodoo in central OR. (the new home of the skibike festival) I also do alot of backcountry stuff on Mt. Hood and ocasionally on St. Helens in WA.. Are you a member of the Yahoo group skibike-forum?http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SkiBike-Forum/

Duane

·
WWW.PEDALTHEPEAKS.BIZ
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea I am a member but don't post to much in there, I would say Hoodoo is a second festival just joking we still have the festival in Durango last year it was the ASA meet for the year. We had a great turnout alpine Geary lenz and some others were out with full demo set ups. I was going to go to Hoodoo last year but it's always to close to Sea Otter and that's the kick of to my season so it's hard to swing. Maybe some day soon when I no longer have commitments for the season I can swing up there. I now Devon Lenz wants to get up there at some point so some of us Colorado guys might make a treck if the planets aline.

·
WWW.PEDALTHEPEAKS.BIZ
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These bikes are the real deal we have been riding hard in Durango testing skis and new bike geo check out www.lenzsport.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
New freestyle slope style bike shorter travel and traditional seat for jumping

The big bike for powder days and natural hits

And the man himself at work

·
WWW.PEDALTHEPEAKS.BIZ
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bike pics are kinda shity we took them this weekend from are hotel at x games but you can see how they are progressing

1 - 20 of 30 Posts