Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im planing to go to a bike park near me, with a full suspension dh. The bike is a ”2011 Trek Session 8” in a really good condition.

So the problem im facing is that i want to ride to and from the bike park with my bike. If you were to close your back suspension and fill up the tiers then you wouldn’t have to work as hard right? I know that it would remove the point of having a full suspension bike. I got maybe 4-5 km to the park. Then when your at the park coulnd’t you just let some air out from the tires and open the suspension?

I know that you might get something like a back or knee problem with dh bikes geometry, but that doesn’t really matter to me that much.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Do as you have suggested to start. My guess is after a few times you will get tired of it and just ride as-is. 5km is like 3 miles. Not much. Unless it is uphill, then you have some serious baggage.

i really dont see much difference than those summer days growing up where we pedal 20” bmx to spots a few town over. Saddle fully lowered and all. Take your time, enjoy the view, eventually you will get there for the main reason. Good warm up anyways right?

·
May The Force Be With You
2,724 Posts
3miles.. 5km.. you'll get one hell of a work out for sure!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell me about "filling up the tiers." What does that mean? Would you be jamming something into a coil spring?
To be honest i just mean filling the tires with air, so it gets easier riding on road. Im very new to full suspesion bikes. But you are able to do that right?

I know this sounds weird but im actually pretty used to riding with gear on road at this point, since i have done the exact same thing with my hardtail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do as you have suggested to start. My guess is after a few times you will get tired of it and just ride as-is. 5km is like 3 miles. Not much. Unless it is uphill, then you have some serious baggage.

i really dont see much difference than those summer days growing up where we pedal 20" bmx to spots a few town over. Saddle fully lowered and all. Take your time, enjoy the view, eventually you will get there for the main reason. Good warm up anyways right?
Yeah that does sound like a good warm up and it's mostly flat but a little uphill. But on your way home it's basically only downhill and flat so i hope it will be okay.

·
damned rocks...
2,805 Posts
Yes, you can. You can lock your shock and pump some air into your tires, then at the trail head you can unlock you shock and lower your tires pressure by a couple of PSI. A friend did this exact thing a couple of times, and he was riding Minions 2.6" up a mountain road for more than 10km, then after half a dozen times he got bored of doing it.
But each people is different, just do it, if you get bored after a couple of times you can just stop doing it like he did, or keep doing it, it's up to you and you don't lose a thing. Just don't forget to unlock your shock before you start to descend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, you can. You can lock your shock and pump some air into your tires, then at the trail head you can unlock you shock and lower your tires pressure by a couple of PSI. A friend did this exact thing a couple of times, and he was riding Minions 2.6" up a mountain road for more than 10km, then after half a dozen times he got bored of doing it.
But each people is different, just do it, if you get bored after a couple of times you can just stop doing it like he did, or keep doing it, it's up to you and you don't lose a thing. Just don't forget to unlock your shock before you start to descend.
Alright! I will do as you suggest and just do it and thank you for your answer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.