Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all,

I just built up a DH hardtail with the parts off my DHR until it gets some long overdue pivot maintenance. In the mandatory carpark roll-around, the new bike feels awesome.

Just wondering if anyone else has a hardtail with a seven inch fork, and if there is anything I need to do differently when I ride it DH, apart form hang on tighter!

Thanks for reading!

Chris

G

·
TheSingleGuy said:
Hi Y'all,

I just built up a DH hardtail with the parts off my DHR until it gets some long overdue pivot maintenance. In the mandatory carpark roll-around, the new bike feels awesome.

Just wondering if anyone else has a hardtail with a seven inch fork, and if there is anything I need to do differently when I ride it DH, apart form hang on tighter!

Thanks for reading!

Chris
I had a 6 inch, and it gives the chopper feel which is easier to lean back, and absorb bumps with your legs, instead of on a dh rig when the suspension does it for you, just have fun and go ride.

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Man,

thanks for the speedy reply! I am so pumped to go ride this bike, can't believe I have to wait a whole week!

Was just checking out the world's longest thread over at Ridemonkey, and can see that I am in good company here!

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep,

it is a risk for the frame, I guess, but it handles OK, and I only paid $50 for the frame, so I don't really care if it breaks. As long as it doesn't break too fast, that is!

G

·
TheSingleGuy said:
it is a risk for the frame, I guess, but it handles OK, and I only paid $50 for the frame, so I don't really care if it breaks. As long as it doesn't break too fast, that is!
It looks like you have enuff frame attached to the headtube making it strong enuff for you not to worry about it, just dont nose dive off a house or something.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hell Yeahs HOMEY

Nice, nice, nice. That hardtail will make you extra ill when you're on the runs, and when people are thinking about whether they are goin to hit somethin huge, give em the buzz without slowing down and hit that shiz, then ride off into the sunset (any set will do) without even looking back, it makes em feel like stupid dumbies. HardTails are like butter. What model is that frame?

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Specialized Enduro HT Expert

from 2000 or 2001, I forget. small size. It originally came with a psylo, but I think this is way more fun.

Short wheelbase, seems like a short rear too, coz the thing wheelies like a mofo. I might even learn how to manual riding this setup!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Manual That Biatch

Don't even think about stuff before you do it, cause that's when you decide you're not gonna do it. I honestly think our first reaction to everything is to do it, so turn your brain off and go banannas. Manual that whore like there's no tomorrow, get so good at it you can race single track one wheel style. A new sport, called And1Mtb, just some gnarly wheelin and dealin on single track. Oh yeah, that back wheel does look ideal for wheelin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.