Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm pretty new to Philly and looking to start focusing more on the "going down" aspect of riding this year. It looks like Spring Mt. and Diablo are pretty obvious lift accessed riding spots, but I'd also like to make some contacts to do some shuttling, maybe Reading? I'm 28, and a novice rider. I know the nice weather's around the corner, and I'd like to get a jump on networking with some good people to ride with.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Reading is great! Any time you want to shuttle there put up a notice on MTBR, and you will get a response with people interested in meeting. I am in Lancaster, and there are a handful of us here that like to shuttle at reading. Seven Springs, is a tame "DH" park; very little elevation, like 3 or 4 rocks in the entire place, and youll be at the bottom before the chair you rode up on is even a third of the way back down the mt. Bring a DJ bike or a shorttravel beast and you'll be good. A full blown DH bike at Seven Springs is like taking an uzi to a knife fight. However, it is an EXCELLENT resort, and a great way to get your feet wet in gravity riding. If you go, go for a weekend, if youre going for a day go to Diablo or Spring Mt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.