Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
hispanic mechanic
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who've seen the full-rigid 29" thread with Jeff Jones, and who scoff 'cause it's obviously not a "real" DH course, I give you this:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=97305
With a bike like this, you could handle the rocky, nasty DH stuff that most folks couldn't do as well as Jeff on a non-suspension bike.
And yep, it's the same Devin Lenz that builds the DH Brawler and Bouldervore.

the los

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
sslos said:
For those of you who've seen the full-rigid 29" thread with Jeff Jones, and who scoff 'cause it's obviously not a "real" DH course, I give you this:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=97305
With a bike like this, you could handle the rocky, nasty DH stuff that most folks couldn't do as well as Jeff on a non-suspension bike.
And yep, it's the same Devin Lenz that builds the DH Brawler and Bouldervore.

the los
I've actually been curious about running a 29" front on my dh bike. I had clearance with my old monster, but the only other fork i could think to run it on would be a shiver. Just need to find a stout enough rim to lace up to a 20mm hub and it would be golden even with a 2.3" exiwolf on front. I suspect we will see bigger, more aggressive 29" tires before too long, but i bet it would sweet for dh.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
I scoff because 29" wheels are more prone to being thrown out of whack and because riding a rigid bike even with bigger wheels doesn't do diddily for the frequent 2-5 foot drops on most dh courses.

Still cool though. I got respect for mr Jones.

·
i should be working
532 Posts
i'll take all the suspension and technology you can get. seriously thats got to be rough i dont care how smooth you are your joints are going to get beat up much quicker.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
SocalSuperhero said:
I've actually been curious about running a 29" front on my dh bike. I had clearance with my old monster, but the only other fork i could think to run it on would be a shiver. Just need to find a stout enough rim to lace up to a 20mm hub and it would be golden even with a 2.3" exiwolf on front. I suspect we will see bigger, more aggressive 29" tires before too long, but i bet it would sweet for dh.
You might have missed this memo.

The Kris Holm 700c unicycle rim is plenty strong. That is what is on that lenz front and rear also. Agreed though, that wider, tougher tires will be necessary for the long run, but for trial and conceptual purposes this setup works just fine.

Keep in mind folks that this is not about anything other than pushing the envelope to see what is, or could be, being done by people that want to.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Bigwheel said:
You might have missed this memo.

The Kris Holm 700c unicycle rim is plenty strong. That is what is on that lenz front and rear also. Agreed though, that wider, tougher tires will be necessary for the long run, but for trial and conceptual purposes this setup works just fine.

Keep in mind folks that this is not about anything other than pushing the envelope to see what is, or could be, being done by people that want to.
I like how you guys think its *cute* to come post this stuff on the DH/FR forum. I've read the threads over there...

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Bigwheel said:
Whatever. Last I checked we all just rode bikes.
We do all just ride bikes, the LS Behemoth will not be able to hold its own ANY real DH course. It's more of a trail bike. I'd be interested to see WB come out with a 29" DH fork, but i think 29" wheels are a LONG way off in the true DH world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.