Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Norco Fluid SL and I love it! I'm wondering what things I should keep in mind if I put a pair of dual crown forks on it? They don't have to be dual crowns. It currently has Fox 32 Fit RLC forks for 6" travel but I'm looking to get about 7" or more front and rear. The rear is an RP23 that I'd also like to upgrade for more travel. This bike is already hella light so I'm not worried about adding weight. I'm looking for a do it all bike (although this bike rips up and down hills as it is). The purpose of it will be to avoid buying a bike solely for DH. I'm also worried about the frame. I live in Northern CA so the bike will be hitting Northstar and all others around here.

·
whatever she says gueuze.
370 Posts
I ride a Fox 180 for AM and toss on a Dorado for those lift assisted weekends. Honestly, the long travel single crown is all you really need but if you really want a light dual crown, go for a Boxxer WC. It's marginally heavier than a Fox 36 Van and gets 200mm of travel. Keep in mind that with dual crowns, your axle/crown height will be higher so you'd have to get a zero stack headset of compensate. Occasionally, I'll use my Dorado for AM riding and it climbs almost as well as my single crown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.