Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FUNN pedals have gotten pretty messed up and i am looking for a replacement that is cheap, has a ton of grip, and is light (but weight isnt too important to me).

i got some 5.10's so im looking for something to give me insane grip.

Thanks

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
My 5-10's and Azonic A-Frames give me insane grip. Not the lightest of pedals, but damn tough!

R.

·
Jersey Hucker
314 Posts
William42 said:
50/50's! ben boyko uses them so they must be the greatest pedal ever!

normally i can relate to people not wanting to have to search for this, but there was a thread on this not one week ago. Its probably on the second page, check it out, theres alot of suggestions!
I second that, and the unsealed ones are 50 bucks at pricepoint

·
Registered
329 Posts
The straight up best bang for your buck, that will grip like no other are a pair of wellgo B-67 Flats.

I have a pair of them as well as the 50/50's and I can tell you, not only are they cheaper, the B-67's are also grippier. Plus, they are pretty damm flat, and not too concaved, so you can put skate board grip tape on them. The grip tape is all a about 5.00s at a local skate shop. 5/10's or no 5/10s; if you do that, your golden.

You can also grip-tape the 50/50's as well. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty nice pedals as well. If you can run up on a cheap pair, get them.

On www.pricepoint.com they had a sale on 50/50's for $49.00's or something like that; they're usually around 90.00 everywhere else. If you get em, make sure to adjust the pegs right, and RED [B lock-tight[/b] the screws, or you pedals stand a very high risk of falling apart on the trail.

The Wellgo B-67's are 39.00 on pricepoint. You won't find another set that nice for that price. but its your choice man... hope this helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
grip tape?

how do attach grip tape to the pedal?

sorry, i dont have any real experience with these things so i have no clue

·
Registered
329 Posts
For the grip tape, just press it all completely in to fit in the mold of your pedal. its got adhesive on one side, so its pretty easy. cut the extra off with a file or a razor blade.

NOTE: it will not work all that great on BMX flats: pedals that don't have that much area to cover will be almost pointless to use it because there is not enough area for the grip tape to be in a massive enough quantity to take affect. Also, if the pedal concaves too much, it will not work as well.

That is also why I proposed the 50/50's and the B-67 flats... check it out man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts