Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the military. I'm Going from SoCAL cross country to georgia. I want to hit as many DH spots as possible. I don't want to take longer than a week maybe 10 days to get there. I need to plan this out, I leave the begining part of sept. I'll be getting deployed in oct nov time so I want to make it memorable. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I'd come up I-15 and hit Bootleg Canyon outside of Vegas...from there, I'd continue up I-15 to Virgin, UT, home of the Redbull Rampage. Then, continue up I-15 to I-70, and cruise over to Moab. Then continue on into Colorado, and that's where I check out and some of the Colorado ppl can give you recommendations. But that's what I'd recommend for the first few days. Gotta remember that once you come down off the rockies, there are no real "havens" for DH. There might be a few spots here and there, but I'd spend more time on the Western Half of the US. I don't know if you want to go up to the Northeast for any riding there, but if you do, then you'll have to plan accordingly.

Or, you can head north out of CA and check out the spots in OR and WA, maybe even whistler... That would be worth it for the memories, but kill the rest of your drive time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.