Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
P-51 Crew Chief #38
603 Posts
Over 12 resorts in Tahoe and not a single resort will be open to bikes this year. Sorry thank the Neo-Yuppie crowd for that.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,839 Posts
Kirkwood sucks balls for riding anyway.

Go get your AM/Fr bike and ride up Horse Canyon, or do the Silver Lake loop. Those are kind of fun. There are other good rides with DHs in the area, as well as in the general Tahoe area.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,839 Posts
dhtahoe said:
Sorry thank the Neo-Yuppie crowd for that.
Thank anyone who has kids and increases the demand for all kinds of services. Their kids will grow up and want more condos, etc...

·
P-51 Crew Chief #38
603 Posts
Jayem said:
Thank anyone who has kids and increases the demand for all kinds of services. Their kids will grow up and want more condos, etc...
I just wish their kids would be athletic like all the people that moved up here 20 years ago. The type that is moving up here now doesn't really enjoy the outdoors. They do enjoy shutting down anything that involves dirt, dust, or getting dirty. I have seen this place get raped so bad in the last 7 years, but nothing like I've seen in the last 7 months. The places they are building houses is unreal. I couldn't ride my bike there, but a developer can dump 200 houses on 1/4 acre lots in the same place.:madman: :madman: People that bought land right against USFS land 10-20 yaers ago are now being told that the land has been sold, and will now have 4000 new friends moving in. To top it all off some rich chick has moved into Truckee with a ton of money and has ran over half of the downtown businesses out of town because she is willing to pay over $5.00 a sq ft for retail. For all the people that THINK Northstar will reopen to bikes needs to stop by and pay a visit. Last week the dropped the ENTIRE ridgeline at the entrance 50 ft. It's really sad to even drive into that place now. Cutting all the trees down is making a once beautiful mountain look like a wasteland. It's gross!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.