Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just starting a new thread for DFW people to talk about local trails,bikes,acc,gear,and good stores/deals and find other riders to ride with none of my people ride mtb currently so if anyone want to show a noob the ropes on the local trails let me no

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd be glad to James! I'm up on the north side of town in Frisco and usually ride at Erwin Park, Frisco NW community park or Isle Du Bois State Park.

I also run TexasMountainBikeTrails.com and organize some of the races in the area. Next weekend we have Our Lone Star XC race at Sansom Park in Fort Worth if you are interested in racing.

What part of town are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be glad to James! I'm up on the north side of town in Frisco and usually ride at Erwin Park, Frisco NW community park or Isle Du Bois State Park.

I also run TexasMountainBikeTrails.com and organize some of the races in the area. Next weekend we have Our Lone Star XC race at Sansom Park in Fort Worth if you are interested in racing.

What part of town are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well im not ready for any races just yet i have only been riding a couple weeks i live in weatherford its 30min west of fort worth i havent had the chance to hit any actual trails yet i am currently waiting on my bike i have trek 6500 i do have a ironhorse i can ride until then we will have to get together sometime

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well i hadnt picked up my trek yet and hadnt hit any real trails so i went the legacy park today on my ironhorse 5.1 it suprizingly held up through the ekg section and im not an expert by no means but wow that was a blast i made it to funtown to i didnt try that first drop but i plan to i did try the wall bank from the low side i definitely needs some work there but i could tell it was hard on the box bike so i picked up my trek6500 from bicycle inc. On tje way home going to try gateway tomorrow have fun out there and lets heare some stuff from the rest of dtfw

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stuck in west tx a little town called big lake funny thing there is no lake its about an hr from san Angelo anyone no of some trails around here ive been ridding on the lease roads but no actual trails

·
Magically Delicious
12,528 Posts
James you might want to head south to Glen Rose and explore Dinosaur Valley State Park. It's about 45 miles there from Weatherford. I ride there regularly and it's like nothing that you'll find in the MetroMess. You also have Samsom on the west side of Fort Worth.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
James you might want to head south to Glen Rose and explore Dinosaur Valley State Park. It's about 45 miles there from Weatherford. I ride there regularly and it's like nothing that you'll find in the MetroMess. You also have Samsom on the west side of Fort Worth.
I will definitely make that my next stop ive been going to river legacy in arlington and it is about the same distance to glen rose. Is glen rose as good as legacy? I went to samson didnt care for all the rocks i dont wanna scratch my bike yet seems like it was a lot if rock gardens and im not good enough for that yet

·
Magically Delicious
12,528 Posts
Is glen rose as good as legacy? I went to samson didnt care for all the rocks i dont wanna scratch my bike yet seems like it was a lot if rock gardens and im not good enough for that yet
Is it as good as Legacy? Well...that's a queston that would generate a pretty subjective answer depending on skill-set and what you enjoy riding on. It's not flat like Legacy and if you don't care for rocks, then you might not like it. It has rocks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in Plano. I am not that good yet either but I sure do enjoy riding. I have been checking out many different trails in the area. Started out with L.B.Houston then moved on to Harry Moss,Erwin,Frisco,Arbor Hills. There have been others but I can't think of them right now. I also am no big fan of large rocks. Been looking for a bud or 2 to ride with. Give me a shout and we'll go tear it up.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in Plano. I am not that good yet either but I sure do enjoy riding. I have been checking out many different trails in the area. Started out with L.B.Houston then moved on to Harry Moss,Erwin,Frisco,Arbor Hills. There have been others but I can't think of them right now. I also am no big fan of large rocks. Been looking for a bud or 2 to ride with. Give me a shout and we'll go tear it up.
Sure thing as soon as i get some more time off. i work in the oilfield so that's hard to get, but hit me up on facebook james dorsett from weatherford.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well today after work im heading out to river legacy park to run ekg as fast as i can to get my first time measurement i should be there between 6:30-7:00 pm anyone wanna join me

·
Magically Delicious
12,528 Posts
Well today after work im heading out to river legacy park to run ekg as fast as i can to get my first time measurement i should be there between 6:30-7:00 pm anyone wanna join me
With the rains yesterday, River Legacy is closed and will likely be closed for a few days, but maybe you'll get lucky. The singletrack is mostly clay based and as such, it usually one of the last trails in the area to dry out and re-open. North Shore and Horseshoe are also closed, but have plenty of sand and are usually some of the first to re-open after rains.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.