Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told by a devinci dealer in lake tahoe city that the "troy" is a 650b specific bike that is to be introduced at interbike and available soon. im assuming that this will/is an "all mountain" geo design. anyone have any other info on this? i was leaning towards a norco sight, but i like the DW link, and supposedly, the devinci is made in Canada, even the carbon models.

any other info appreciated

·
Trail Ninja
6,047 Posts
Wow, it was a good race between the last few 10 riders in each category, but Stevie won. Stevie was on the gas hard at the end, pedaling where many others weren't. Redbull was only covering the bottom section and he didn't seem to have a "split" that was any better than the other riders out of the wooded section. Having watched it all, I have to say the difference between the top 3 and the rest of the finishers were definitely the riders and their attitude and determination. Remarkable that he won on the bike right after he got it, without much practice on the course, though he did win it last year with a time of 4:07, saying that there wasn't much different about the course except for a few spots and how beat up the track is.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Devinci nailed it, talk about street cred... winning the air dh in it's debut

it will be a tough choice between the Troy and the carbon Norco Sight Killer B for my next bike.

·
Trail Ninja
6,047 Posts
Big win for Devinci here, with Nick Beer in 3rd (not on the Troy). Those pre-orders are probably already coming in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rode the troy aluminum today at the outdoor demo; preorder in progress. the rep and another rider (who rode the carbon medium, i rode the large Al) commented that the carbon version was "livelier". The geo and rider positioning is just what i am looking for.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didnt ride the pivot. i wanted to, as well as the norco sight, but i got there a little late and the larges were being demoed. the troy had a pike, which worked very well, plush. no pedal bob when climbing but good low speed compliance. i am coming from an ellsworth moment, with a 650b front wheel; the troy was more fun. well balanced. worked well with a 50mm stem. with riding a new bike to me, and trails that i am not familiar with, it still was a big winner.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The troys are on devinci's website now. They look great. However, I'm confused by the specs on the carbon models. There is $100 difference between the two upper range bikes.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The $100 difference is X01 1x11 or X0 2x10.
Yeah, I noticed that. It just seems more logical to me for them to offer a more affordable 2x10 specced bike priced between where these two are at now and the lower end bike. Bit they're the experts I suppose

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can anyone tell me what is the shock length (eye to eye and stroke) on the troy?
And is it an integrated headset?
Is there any way to put an angleset on this? Changing the headset cups?
Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can anyone tell me what is the shock length (eye to eye and stroke) on the troy?
And is it an integrated headset?
Is there any way to put an angleset on this? Changing the headset cups?
Thanks.
The shock length is 200mm eye to eye and the stroke is 51mm.

And yes it's integrated. DEVINCI

1 - 20 of 74 Posts