Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Friend Of Mine Is Thinking Of A New Guzzler. More Or Less For Something Different From The Corporate B.s That Saturates The Mags. The Bike Looks Great But, We Keep Hearing About A Canadian Version And A U.s Version. What The @#$ Is The Story To All Of This? The Website Seems To Show No Difference In Models. Looking For A Lil Truth. Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
westslope said:
A Friend Of Mine Is Thinking Of A New Guzzler. More Or Less For Something Different From The Corporate B.s That Saturates The Mags. The Bike Looks Great But, We Keep Hearing About A Canadian Version And A U.s Version. What The @#$ Is The Story To All Of This? The Website Seems To Show No Difference In Models. Looking For A Lil Truth. Thanks.
The canadian versions of the bikes are infringing the FSR patent owned by Specialized, so they can't sell it in the US. The difference is at the pivot near the rear axle. On the canadian version, the pivot is on the chainstay (like a Specialized, Norco, Turner, etc), while on the US version, the pivot is on the seatstay (like a Kona, Banshee, etc.)

I hope this helped! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.